Heritage Owners Club

Trip to Kalamazoo, part two!

kbp810

Other than the shop of a custom luthier, is there any other instrument maker that would allow you this type of access? One that that would allow you permission to kibbitz, and the right to suggest changes while his instrument was being built?

For me, that's the most eye opening part of this post.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: With the addition of the Cupid's Bow at the end of the fretboard, will the neck pickup be pushed back a little, or really close to the board? Or is it a non-issue since you are installing mini-hums that have a narrower diameter than standard hums?

2011-05-11082944.jpg

Question: With the addition of the Cupid's Bow at the end of the fretboard, will the neck pickup be pushed back a little, or really close to the board? Or is it a non-issue since you are installing mini-hums that have a narrower diameter than standard hums?

2011-05-11082944.jpg

Well, it's still somewhat of a concern as there will be three mini humbuckers - the first one will be just below the cupids bow, so it will indeed be right at the end of the fretboard

Other than the shop of a custom luthier, is there any other instrument maker that would allow you this type of access? One that that would allow you permission to kibbitz, and the right to suggest changes while his instrument was being built?

For me, that's the most eye opening part of this post.

I'm pretty sure that other instrument makers would have had a good laugh at my expense while I was being showed the door - that or at least my pocket books would have had to of been expotentially deeper.

And that doesn't even include sitting for a cup of coffee and casual conversation with the owner/builders in the meanwhile :)

• 1 month later...

Oh my the natives are getting restless!

Made it home a short while ago... only way I've broken myself away from playing it this long is that I finally gave Steiner a turn!

More photos to come (a few from the factory didn't come out well...)

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

I really like that. I think everything about that is pretty nice. The split-block inlays, ebony fretboard, flamed maple neck, dark burst finish (DASB?), the cupid's bow, the binding, the figuring & coloration of the mahogany on the back, it all works together very nice. Congrats!

Archived