Heritage Owners Club

Sleep Walk video I did with the 575

barrymclark

My favorite song of ALL TIME!! We played that Santo and Johnny LP nearly every weekend as kids. Sometimes I'd just put on that song, turn out the lights and drift away. We even had Sleep Walk played at my Dad's funeral. What a great song ....... and what a GREAT version. Loved it, Barry. Very very nice.

Major props to you Barry. Love Sleepwalk, and you did a great version.

It sounds like I was in good company when I was a kid.. we had Santo and Johnny on the stereo all the time. I even bought the CD a few years ago just for Sleepwalk and Caravan.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Great rendtion Barry - presumably based on the Setzer version. Must try that myself oneday as it's a good solo version.

We play Sleepwalk in our rock'n'roll band - 1960s Shadows variant. It always goes down well with the punters.

Why don't they write tunes like that any more?

That sounds great. And man, that is a SWEET guitar also... :icon_thumright:

You've got that tune down, nice recording.

Good show, nicely played!

BRAVO!!!!

Well played :) You also have some serious balls to use a Heritage for the Gretsch forum!

Barry, that sounds very Gretschy BTW. Nice.

Thanks, guys!

My favorite song of ALL TIME!! We played that Santo and Johnny LP nearly every weekend as kids. Sometimes I'd just put on that song, turn out the lights and drift away. We even had Sleep Walk played at my Dad's funeral. What a great song ....... and what a GREAT version. Loved it, Barry. Very very nice.

Althought this was before my time, I fell in love with the tune as a kid too. I can listen to it over and over. I can see this being a great send off tune for a funeral.

Thanks for the props!

Beautiful, man. Just beautiful!

Thanks. :D

Major props to you Barry. Love Sleepwalk, and you did a great version.

It sounds like I was in good company when I was a kid.. we had Santo and Johnny on the stereo all the time. I even bought the CD a few years ago just for Sleepwalk and Caravan.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thanks a million! I was pretty happy with how it turned out over all. If I'd more time, I might try to get get a better recording where I didn't whiff some of the notes I did. Oh well. What can you do.

Tasty ;)

;) Thanks man!

Great rendtion Barry - presumably based on the Setzer version. Must try that myself oneday as it's a good solo version.

We play Sleepwalk in our rock'n'roll band - 1960s Shadows variant. It always goes down well with the punters.

Why don't they write tunes like that any more?

I have my opinions on why great tunes are coming out less and less these days... ;)

It actually isn't based on the Setzer but thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

My approach was to just play with the original in mind... and throw me into it.

One of my (many) favorite songs, Barry. Nice job! My oldest son was actually learning the Joe Satriani version of Sleep Walk. I don't think he ever got all the way through it, though.

Thanks! I learned the original then the Setzer version... although I can't say I remember how to play the whole thing of Setzer's anymore. haha. Rather busy version.

Nice playing, Barry!

Thanks!

I'll throw my kudos into the mix; GREAT JOB! Now it's not negotiable, you ARE coming back to the barn on Friday night! Just kidding, I know family comes first, for me, too. Just sorry you won't be able to join us.

Nice. Glad I viewed it. Thanks for putting it out there...

Horace

Thanks, guys!

This thread has really given my self esteem a kick! Careful though. Don't want me getting a big head. I can't afford new shirts with bigger neck holes.

Funny enough, this video is going over pretty well over at the Gretsch forum despite me not using a Gretsch. Fairly open bunch there.

Archived