Heritage Owners Club

How do you describe this top?

MartyGrass

Burled

That's what I would say to although down here in the south a lot of people will use the term burl for quilt as well, I would say that is more of a burl figuring than quilt though.

Is it yours?

It should be on the way shortly.

I'm very familiar with the Millie Eagle 2000 and won't use superlatives. It's a very nice example of Heritage craftsmanship that is particularly valuable for certain music genres. IMO, the extra work that goes into carving the top and back as well as the work it takes to wire through the f holes and pick up cavities adds a little bit to the amplified tone when playing clean that can make a difference. For those who use distortion I couldn't justify the extra trouble and expense. I find other Heritages to be perfect there.

I sold my previous one to a jazz player in Austria. That's the only guitar I've sold that I regret, and I've sold a bunch. I expect the replacement to be just as good though.

That is Burled wood, like my "Yodder"...

Yoder.jpg

2844.jpg

This is more like what you would call classic "quilt" (I kick myself every time I see this photo... I can't believe I sold it!!)

_DSC2087-Edit.jpg

Wow, for a second I thought that was my old Millie until I noticed the inlays. Jay described it as sea shell quilt - I think it was an accurate description of mine and might also apply to this one.

Archived