Heritage Owners Club

New H-555 Problems

Nolla

Easy for everyone to sit back and tell him he's overeacting and be patient ect ect ect ect ect.... But if the shoe was on your foot maybe you would look at a little different. Maybe not so soft on heritage guitar if it where your 2000.00 guitar with bad laquer????? Let the man vent folks! He's pissed with good reason.

He needs to get his money back and get a different one plain and simple....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let the man vent folks! He's pissed with good reason.

The problem is, he was given many suggestions on how to recify the problem, but as far as we know has refused to do so.

The problem is, he was given many suggestions on how to recify the problem, but as far as we know has refused to do so.

And, ladies and gents, he has now left the building.

Easy for everyone to sit back and tell him he's overeacting and be patient ect ect ect ect ect.... But if the shoe was on your foot maybe you would look at a little different. Maybe not so soft on heritage guitar if it where your 2000.00 guitar with bad laquer????? Let the man vent folks! He's pissed with good reason.

He needs to get his money back and get a different one plain and simple....

Its not that he's venting, its how he choses to deal with it. Somewhat backwards and wanting someone else to deal with the problem why he sits and pouts. Sounds like he didn't even pay for the guitar in the first place!

I've had issues on big dollar items (trombones) and the issues were resolved quickly. In the end you HAVE to go through the proper channels. Yes I know it sucks. Yes I know it makes you angry. But that will NOT SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS. Only going back to the dealer and getting it taken care of will.

Sometimes you don't find out about issues until years later, which was the case with one trombone, which happens to be the MOST expensive, prestigious, big name, etc that I own. It's a Bach Stradivarius model 42T i got about 10 years ago. I found out 5 years later that the reason the slide action sucked was because the slide was put together improperly at the factory, and was warped. This was off warranty, so I had to pay around $150 to get it fixed, and now it's incredible. Another issue is that the valve used on the horn was not properly fitted, causing a need for a $200 fix. And this was a trombone coming in at around $3000, 10 years ago. These days they go for closer to $3500. The price was up around 3800 for a while but it sank back down due to competition.

Moderator Here

Keep this topic focused on the guitar issue resolution and not individuals or it will be closed. If there are no further constructive suggestions beyond what has previously been stated, let the thread die.

Seconding tbonesullivan's comments,

When you're dealing with a corporation, you have to act in a manner that the corporation understands.

When the neck on my CS-336 twisted, I prepared my documentation, got my receipts together, contacted the dealer to verify that they were Gibson Authorized and would stand behind me, and then I contacted Gibson.

Many, many, MANY people told me, "Forget it, they don't warranty that stuff," and "Gibson sucks, they wouldn't cross the street to fix an issue." But I went ahead, like the Tortoise in Robert Ringer's book, and followed the procedures.

About twenty days later I had a box on my doorstep with a brand-new CS-336.

Because of that I felt good about buying a "Doves In Flight" and some other Gibson CS stuff.

If I'd just listened to the Internet, I would have thrown the guitar in the corner and been a smack-talker myself for the rest of my guitar-playing life.

Moderator Here

Keep this topic focused on the guitar issue resolution and not individuals or it will be closed. If there are no further constructive suggestions beyond what has previously been stated, let the thread die.

Sounds like your just scared your going to have to see me in my mankini..

Yeah. Why, is there some other Michael Bolton?

bolton1.jpg

The sappy singer that women love who re-recorded "When a Man Loves a Woman".

The sappy singer that women love who re-recorded "When a Man Loves a Woman".

When a Man Loves a Woman? A woman? I've been singing When a Man Loves a Walnut it all these years!

When a Man Loves a Woman? A woman? I've been singing When a Man Loves a Walnut it all these years!

Sounds like you get your lyrics from the same place that sold "excuse me while I kiss dis guy" (Hendrix).

Sounds like you get your lyrics from the same place that sold "excuse me while I kiss dis guy" (Hendrix).

On a similar note, I have actually witnessed John Fogerty singing, "...there's a bathroom on the right" while gesturing with his pick hand.

On a similar note, I have actually witnessed John Fogerty singing, "...there's a bathroom on the right" while gesturing with his pick hand.

As have I, several times during different performances when singing "Bad Moon Arising".

I assume it is a standing joke with him.

I hope to experience it again soon.

Its not that he's venting, its how he choses to deal with it. Somewhat backwards and wanting someone else to deal with the problem why he sits and pouts. Sounds like he didn't even pay for the guitar in the first place!

I agree he should go to the dealer and get this resolved, I do. But I also see where he is coming from on the 4 hours worth of driving and gas cost , time out of the day, ect ect. When you spend that kind of money--thousands and theres a big issue like that its gonna make anyone mad. For example how many of us jumped up and down for joy and said ahw thats alright ill just call the cable company and work it out when there bill jumped 80.00 bucks a month out of the blue. You all know what im talking about.

So when you physically have to drive 4 hours and spend more money in gas and time to resolve a 2000.00 dollar issue how can anyone not see his side of this. Yes heritage will take care of the problem for sure or a refund but you cant blame the guy for being upset at all the hoops he gets to jump through now. I think in the end if we alll really put are self in his shoes and what it's going to consist of to resolve this we would be venting about it to. Thats unless thier retired and got nothin better to do that day and gives em somthing to do,,,, but most of us dont have that luxury :icon_sunny:

Moderator Here

Aw Man, just when it was getting interesting.

Austin city limits look at 157 Bathroom on the right

I just spent two hours watching CCR and Fogerty clips on youtube because of your post.

Thanks, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm now on a CCR bender :)

Archived