Heritage Owners Club

New H-555 Problems

Nolla

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was me. I just don't care for Celing Dion and I am willing to pick fights over it even against those who agree with me.

Your logic is as indisputable as it is indefensible.

Celine (Celing?) Dion makes me want to start a soccer riot.

Guys, I don't know how quick I would be to write this guy off as a troll. It's certainly an unusual situation all around, and he maybe doesn't express or present himself in the best possible way, granted. But while we all know and love Heritage for what it is, we accept it for what it is not. Between the limited production and this forum it's a little bit like being in an exclusive club, and it seems like this guy ended up with this guitar without being aware of all this.

It would be a little disconcerting not to be able to get email responses in this day and time; and he of course didn't know anything about when they would choose to answer the phone. That was a little off-putting to me early on as well. And while it's true that any manufacturer will sooner or later let a few mistakes out the door, I myself have had a couple that it was real clear could not possibly have been QC'd. Even the guy boxing them up should have caught the issues. And I'm talking this year too, not the "few years back" when there were known problems.

If you just walk in a store and buy one, you might not realize that you're buying a guitar essentially from some guys who build them for the love of building them and to whom the business end is entirely secondary. This is in sharp contrast to the normal business model where guitars just happen to be the medium through which business is conducted-it could just as well be widgets.

As an aside thought, he might have been frightened by all the repeated warnings that Heritage might "void his warranty" for being the second owner. Anytime I've spoken to Ren he's seemed to want to do anything to please me. It's hard to imagine them turning down this guy on a technicality.

I don't know, I'm just saying it seems this guy was frightened and maybe he didn't get reassured. Then again, maybe he is trolling but he would really have to be bored...

I had some issues with a newly purchased 575 and have to admit that I felt attacked by some members here for posting about it. Sometimes the unwavering dedication to all things Heritage can make people forget that they are not always perfect and that s*it happens. When you're on the receiving end of the s*it happening it does feel pretty lousy.

The response I got was enough to put me off of this forum and Heritage guitars for a while but I dig my 525 so much I just couldn't stay away!

All that said, I stand by my original posts on this thread that the friend who sold the guitar needs to be actively involved in rectifying this situation, either through refunding the money or handling the repair with the dealer and Heritage. I don't care if he owned the guitar for 5 seconds, he is the original owner and the reseller. He needs to help make this right for the OP.

Funny thing is, that is what EVERYBODY has said. He just didn't like the answer.

I think we all get that we may be the unlucky recipient of bad fortune whether it be in guitar purchases or anything else. Character is observed in how you handle adversity at least as much as in how you handle good fortune. I think a lot was learned here, to be honest.

Funny thing is, that is what EVERYBODY has said. He just didn't like the answer.

Pretty much it.... We get a four or five page pimple every six months or so. Bunch of us get exercised. We pop it; it heals. I sympathize with this guy's problem, but if he was looking for the final scene from Frankenstein, wherein we all take up flaming torches and hay rakes, and run up to Parsons Street, to burn it to the ground, with everyone in it, well.... One should be careful jumping into any forum, with sharp elbows from the get go, expecting to marshal a chorus of sympathy.

Guest HRB853370

Can we out the person/people threatening forum members? That seems seriously out of line with the normal vibe of this forum.

I don't believe there are ANY current members here that would stoop to threatening anybody on this forum, no matter how badly they bad mouth Heritage or their guitars.

Guest HRB853370

If you just walk in a store and buy one, you might not realize that you're buying a guitar essentially from some guys who build them for the love of building them and to whom the business end is entirely secondary. This is in sharp contrast to the normal business model where guitars just happen to be the medium through which business is conducted-it could just as well be widgets.

To say that the business end is secondary for Heritage is a misnomer. That is why they brought Vince Margol in, an astute attorney and businessman.

I don't believe there are ANY current members here that would stoop to threatening anybody on this forum, no matter how badly they bad mouth Heritage or their guitars.

i learned a LONG TIME AGO that when things get crappy on line..I turn off my puter and play my Heritage!! :icon_thumright:

Pretty much it.... We get a four or five page pimple every six months or so. Bunch of us get exercised. We pop it; it heals. I sympathize with this guy's problem, but if he was looking for the final scene from Frankenstein, wherein we all take up flaming torches and hay rakes, and run up to Parsons Street, to burn it to the ground, with everyone in it, well.... One should be careful jumping into any forum, with sharp elbows from the get go, expecting to marshal a chorus of sympathy.

Very nice Professor! +1 :icon_thumright:

I like southpaws hypithosis on the bug spray. The south, humidity, lot's. O bugs

God as my witness the skeeters are much worse in Michigan. I couldn't believe it.

Guest HRB853370

God as my witness the skeeters are much worse in Michigan. I couldn't believe it.

+1000. We might have Palmetto bugs, and a few skeeters, but the ones in Michigan, OMG, they will pick you up, carry you off to the swamp, and suck you dry!

...but if he was looking for the final scene from Frankenstein, wherein we all take up flaming torches and hay rakes, and run up to Parsons Street, to burn it to the ground, with everyone in it, well...

I suppose I'd better put my hay rake back in the garage :(

Can't we just burn it a bit? ;)

"To say that the business end is secondary for Heritage is a misnomer. That is why they brought Vince Margol in, an astute attorney and businessman."

It was good that Margol bought into Heritage to help save the company when it was going through a rough period a few years ago. Supposedly, he introduced a computer into their office, for one thing. However, from my experience, they are using it less than they did a couple of years ago as far as customer emailing goes. They don't really have an official "head guy", which they might need, but instead operate on a team basis, with certain individuals stepping up to help the customer, as needed. The manufacturing side remains unmatched. The business side is laid-back at times, which can be good or bad, depending upon one's outlook.

Here is what seriously sucks about this thread.

1) Guy reports fairly unique problem.

2) Guy is given pretty straight-forward advice for resolving the problem.

3) Guy leaves without telling how it resolves (although maybe [hopefully?] that changes).

If the original poster does not come back with an update, this will live on as one of those Heritage "horror stories" when in reality, they may not even get the chance to help resolve the issue. If they do and it is not reported here, people will never hear Heritage's response, which could be to bend over backward to help this guy.

What upsets me about this is that Heritage might not get the chance to make it right, AND we might never find out what caused the finish problem. Maybe it was something that happened AFTER it left the shop. It could legitimately be from bug spray, or some strange chemical reaction from something in the shop, or maybe it did in fact slip through QC. Something after-the-fact would make sense since neither the factory, guitar shop, original buyer, or the OP noticed it until after he had played it for a bit. That is purely speculation. It would just be nice to have the complete story, not just the righteous anger of a guy whose new guitar has an issue.

3) Guy leaves without telling how it resolves (although maybe [hopefully?] that changes).

If the original poster does not come back with an update, this will live on as one of those Heritage "horror stories" when in reality, they may not even get the chance to help resolve the issue. If they do and it is not reported here, people will never hear Heritage's response, which could be to bend over backward to help this guy.

What upsets me about this is that Heritage might not get the chance to make it right, AND we might never find out what caused the finish problem. Maybe it was something that happened AFTER it left the shop. It could legitimately be from bug spray, or some strange chemical reaction from something in the shop, or maybe it did in fact slip through QC. Something after-the-fact would make sense since neither the factory, guitar shop, original buyer, or the OP noticed it until after he had played it for a bit. That is purely speculation. It would just be nice to have the complete story, not just the righteous anger of a guy whose new guitar has an issue.

Hopefully, he'll come back with a statisfied resolution. He should be able to contact Heritage and they should take of the problem. He's seem reluctant, almost childish, for not doing so. For all we know, he could be just out to undermind Heritage guitars....

Yep... well, this is on him. I really don't get the point of complaining about something you are not willing to do anything about. He got frustrated way too easy when people tried to give him really the only avenues available to him and he didn't like it. He then states that we can't seem to wrap our heads around his situation. So... there you have it. This is less of a Heritage horror story and more of a customer horror story.

Once he began inferring that the lot of us were a bit on the slow side, I really didn't care what happened to him with regards to this matter.

In his own words, he traded the original owner for the 555 very soon after the purchase was made at the dealer. That doesn't make him the original purchaser. However, the dealer could choose to see him as such due to how how fast it changed hands. Either way, it doesn't matter, it needed to go back to the dealer that he was unwilling to go to. From there he may have been able to negotiate for a return of all or a portion of the funds as atonement or send it to Heritage for repair or replacement which he was ALSO unwilling to do.

yeah... he just seemed unwilling to actually DO anything about the problem. It was like he just wanted to air his grievances and complain. This is why some places like TGP ban any kind of customer service discussions.
That might not be a bad idea here.

Archived