Heritage Owners Club

How Many Gits Have You Sold or Traded To Score Heritages?

Gitfiddler

Does it count if you don't have the Heritage in your hands yet? I traded in an Aria Pro II L-5 copy and sold my beloved Yamaha Recording Custom drum kit with cases and stands to cover most of the cost of the H-535 I ordered in early May.

And you don't have it yet? I'd be having apoplexy every day after 2.5 months of waiting. Then again, I have no patience at all. So, what custom appointments did you order?

A 137 for a 150? Was the 150 used and the 137 ordered?

both were brand new, that I ordered. the 150 was too heavy for me at 10.5 lbs. That guitar was almost too pretty to play:

gallery_1759_248_13843.jpg

gallery_1759_248_466132.jpg

I suppose I traded 2 guitars and some $$$ for my lone Heritage. 1st guitar ever was in 1985, an Aria Diamond Pro II. A few months later traded it and some cash for my guitar teacher's MIJ Tokai Strat. A bit later traded that one and some cash for the Heritage H170CM that I still own today. I plan to love her 'til I die.

And you don't have it yet? I'd be having apoplexy every day after 2.5 months of waiting. Then again, I have no patience at all. So, what custom appointments did you order?

You know, I've never ordered a custom made instrument before so I didn't specify a lot. Burnt Amber finish, SD '59 in the bridge and Seth Lover in the neck and the rounded pick guard that used to come on the Roy Clark. I had to look up apoplexy, but that's not even close. It's going on 4 months and I wake up every day wondering if today will be the day. I'm goin' nuts here. I just know they're going to call me on a day that I'm supposed to work and I'll have consider risking my job by calling in sick. All I can do, I guess, is keep reminding myself how great it will be when it finally arrives.

I didn't find the HOC until after I ordered the guitar. Now sometimes I'm jealous of the guys who find great used ones for sale and have them within a matter of days. I wonder if there's a way to just will nitro to cure faster.

Wow !! I like heritages as much as the next guy but the fenders??????? Deluxes at that!!

Well, I kept a few Fenders. I'll never NOT have at least 1 Tele and 1 Strat, but the rest were redundant AND plentiful. If I ever decide to replace them, it will be no problem finding them, as thousands upon thousands of them are produced every month. I reasoned that the Heritages are definitely something special, and I wanted as many as I could afford before the original owners of the company called it quits. In addition, all of my Heritages are signifigantly better guitars for ME than the Fenders/Epis I let go. Oh, wait, I almost forgot, I had to sell my Reverend Flatroc back in February or March to help cover the Heritage 170 I bought from Brent! I THOUGHT I had the money coming to me in the way of a bonus at work, but my boss unfairly gave the sales bonus to a female rep who was struggling, simply to encourage her. It didn't encourage ME, I'll tell you that! haha. Oh well, lesson learned, don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

You know, I've never ordered a custom made instrument before so I didn't specify a lot. Burnt Amber finish, SD '59 in the bridge and Seth Lover in the neck and the rounded pick guard that used to come on the Roy Clark. I had to look up apoplexy, but that's not even close. It's going on 4 months and I wake up every day wondering if today will be the day. I'm goin' nuts here. I just know they're going to call me on a day that I'm supposed to work and I'll have consider risking my job by calling in sick. All I can do, I guess, is keep reminding myself how great it will be when it finally arrives.

I didn't find the HOC until after I ordered the guitar. Now sometimes I'm jealous of the guys who find great used ones for sale and have them within a matter of days. I wonder if there's a way to just will nitro to cure faster.

Hey Gary, I'd recommend getting on the phone and start putting pressure on the dealer to give you some answers. Four months does not sound normal for a 535 build.

Tim

Well, I have only the one H535, and traded a lovely K-line tele for it. I miss having a good tele around... well... yea no I don't :D

Although, I'm starting my search for the right LP shaped heritage next. So maybe there will be 2 trades soon...

Hey Gary, I'd recommend getting on the phone and start putting pressure on the dealer to give you some answers. Four months does not sound normal for a 535 build.

Tim

ABSOLUTELY, call to make sure the order got to them and that all is progressing well. This is YOUR guitar and you should have no reservations checking on the status of your guitar. I called several times on the status of all 5 of my custom orders. I wouldn't leave this just up to the dealer. The dealer has no "skin in the game" as they have not pre-paid for the guitar and really don't care when it comes in.

Good luck, and I am sure everything is fine.

Archived