Heritage Owners Club

How Many Gits Have You Sold or Traded To Score Heritages?

Gitfiddler

I don't know about you guys and gals, but over the years there has been a steady stream of outgoing gits from my humble music room.

In their place is a new (or new to me) Heritage guitar (or amp!).

So far, I can recall selling 2 gits and trading 1 to bring in 3 Heritage guitars and selling 1 amp to fund the purchase of a Heritage Patriot amp.

How many gits have you sold or traded to score one or more Heritages??

I don't know about you guys and gals, but over the years there has been a steady stream of outgoing gits from my humble music room.

So far, I can recall selling 2 gits and trading 1 to bring in 3 Heritage guitars and selling 1 amp to fund the purchase of a Heritage Patriot amp.

I traded a Line 6 flextone, a wierd Gibbon LP with the scratched up finish and kill switch (It did have a P-90 in the neck though) and some cash for my B series 140..I broke the neck on it a year later..WAAAHHHHHH!!! Detoit Blues has it now..sniff sniff..Ok, I'm better now..

1 American Tele, 1American Strat, 1 American Deluxe Strat, 2 Epi Sheraton IIs, 1 Epi Dot, 1 Epi LP Standard Plus, 1 MIM Jimmie Vaughan Strat(still have one). And cash, to get my 6 used Heritages. I'm almost sad I finally have most of the Heritage wish covered!! Yeah, right, I've conquered GAS, haha.

Guest HRB853370

Hard to say. I hate selling any of my gits. Especially the ones I handpicked over the years and have become attached to. I don't think I have sold any gits specifically to fund a Heritage purchase, but I have sold a Heritage to fund another Heritage purchase!

Guest HRB853370

I traded a Line 6 flextone, a wierd Gibbon LP with the scratched up finish and kill switch (It did have a P-90 in the neck though) and some cash for my B series 140..I broke the neck on it a year later..WAAAHHHHHH!!! Detoit Blues has it now..sniff sniff..Ok, I'm better now..

You sold Detoit, skuse me, Detroit a git wit a broken neck? Shame shame.

None, except for one acoustic I traded because it needed more work that it was worth, I still own every guitar I ever bought.

Still married to the same girl too.

1 American Tele, 1American Strat, 1 American Deluxe Strat, 2 Epi Sheraton IIs, 1 Epi Dot, 1 Epi LP Standard Plus, 1 MIM Jimmie Vaughan Strat(still have one). And cash, to get my 6 used Heritages. I'm almost sad I finally have most of the Heritage wish covered!! Yeah, right, I've conquered GAS, haha.

Suuuuurrrreeeeee!!

You sold Detoit, skuse me, Detroit a git wit a broken neck? Shame shame.

He knew it..actually sold it to someone else on the board, who then sold it to him..

Probably around 7 or 8.....

All my Heritages were purchased new except for "Yoder" which I traded a Tele for it. The other guitars I sold to buy my Heritages, which were mostly Strats, a couple Teles, and PRS or two, if I recall correctly.

Wow !! I like heritages as much as the next guy but the fenders??????? Deluxes at that!!

Lets see.....

Ordered the H157 in 2003. Paid for it. Kept my other 2 guitars.

Bought my 535 off Ebay.... Paid for it.. Kept my other 5 guitars

Bought the Millie off Brent... Paid for it. Kept my other 7 guitars

Bought the 140 off Ebay.... Paid for it. Kept my other 9 guitars

Might be a pattern here.

I haven't owned very much. But I have sold everything I've had at one point in time to buy something else...

1991 Aria Pro II JS Series (parted out, still have a little bit of the hardware)

1995 MIK Fender Squire (sold to leave to S. Korea)

2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Sold for financial burden)

1971 Epiphone 6735 12 String (Sold because too much to restore)

2008 Fender Lonestar Stratocaster (Traded in for a Roadhouse)

That was a Gibson BFG (Barely Finished Guitar)... And thanks for the 140. Its a rare guitar for sure, glad you broke it or else I couldn't of afforded to buy it!

Brent's reply to this thread would probably bring the whole forum... no wait... the whole internet down!

He ran out of fingers and toes. It'll be weeks before he gets a count. :icon_joker:

Does it count if you don't have the Heritage in your hands yet? I traded in an Aria Pro II L-5 copy and sold my beloved Yamaha Recording Custom drum kit with cases and stands to cover most of the cost of the H-535 I ordered in early May.

Archived