Heritage Owners Club

While the neighbors are away... the Tweed Deluxe gets played!

kbp810

With my neighbors out and about for the day, and the wife away at work... I took the opportunity to break out my favorite amp on it's favorite setting, 10! (okay, it was actually more like 9, but it doesn't sound as cool as saying it was dimed)

I just love the breakup of a pushed tweed, I only wish I could have better captured the tone as it sounded in person.

This was the H170, into my spring reverb unit, into my 5E3 Tweed Deluxe

(in case your wondering why my reverb unit is currently naked... I decided to hit the cab with a little tung oil this morning)

A few poorly played and poorly recorded clips for your entertainment :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/Tweed%202.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3272872/Rock%20Nation.mp3

IMG_1516.jpg

Thanks! The flamed maple makes all the difference ;)

My neighbor doesn't actually mind if it gets loud every now and then... just thought it was a good opportunity to play a little louder then usual

...now if everyone on the block took off for a day, I could turn the ODS up to 10 and really have some fun :icon_king:

Is that Dovetailed Cherry Wood!??? How did the Tung oil work?

Nice chops KBP810!

Only the Doviest! I know a couple of guys nearby that have a helluva rig setup for making those...

Tung Oil worked like a charm - I think I still prefer Tru-Oil, but as far as fool-proof finishes go its right on par.

The Tru-Oil you can wipe it on and come back within a half hour to buff it down and hit it with another coat; you can have a nice deep high gloss finish well within a single day's work - the Tung oil you have to give it several hours... but since the grain on this was already well sealed by the original danish oil finish, I only did one coat with the Tung Oil.

Oh, and I finally got some clothes put back on the reverb unit

IMG_1565.jpg

That's a pretty cab, I like the maple too but I always liked oil finishes of the darker variety, looks like something you'd find in a log cabin way up in the mountains somwhere if that make sense.

Only the Doviest! I know a couple of guys nearby that have a helluva rig setup for making those...

Tung Oil worked like a charm - I think I still prefer Tru-Oil, but as far as fool-proof finishes go its right on par.

The Tru-Oil you can wipe it on and come back within a half hour to buff it down and hit it with another coat; you can have a nice deep high gloss finish well within a single day's work - the Tung oil you have to give it several hours... but since the grain on this was already well sealed by the original danish oil finish, I only did one coat with the Tung Oil.

I actually prefer Tung oil but it may just be because of all the work that you have to put in to get it right, and on light colored woods like maple or pine I always prefered gun stock oil, for that nice yellowed look. Either way, oil finishes give great results if your willing to put in the time.

I actually prefer Tung oil but it may just be because of all the work that you have to put in to get it right, and on light colored woods like maple or pine I always prefered gun stock oil, for that nice yellowed look. Either way, oil finishes give great results if your willing to put in the time.

Now that I said that I should say I haven't done any wood working in years, just haven't had the time.

Am I to believe that the cherry wood KBP810's GT-15 reverb is built in on top of the KBP810 Reverb Deluxe?!!! I need to go shopping...

I thought maybe that was it....

Maybe a 150/157 should be played through a mahogany cab with a maple cap on it ...to get the proper tone.

The secret is in the wood.....

Along with an Ebony Faceplate with MOP inlaid labels :)

Archived