Heritage Owners Club

NEW JTM45PLUS-HEAD for only $795.00?!

Gitfiddler

OK, maybe this belongs in the 'for sale' section of the HOC, but I thought I'd start this thread in the Amplication section due to the DIY nature of this amp kit.

We have a few amp builders here and I was wondering what you guys thought of this type of home build.

http://tubedepot.com...+building+today

Okay, first --- WOW!! How friggin' cool is that? Good, clean build, too. They make it look SO easy. And we know it's not. I think my fav part was twisting the 3.5ft of wire down to 3ft. Sometimes it's the simple things. :icon_thumright:

Those that choose to build one like this not only have it, they built it, will be able to fix it, know how to change what they built to their liking...

...and are free of having store bought tone...

This is a decent price, BTW.

Well said!

This is indeed a decent price, especially considering it is all inclusive with head cab and all. Anyone who is handy with a soldering iron, can read and follow a layout/schematic, can follow proper electrical safety precautions, and has the DIY spirit should perhaps give this kit some consideration.

A neighbor of mine started the "18 watt" discussion group many years ago. The was the genesis of many of these Marshall kits. He sells several kits under the name GDS. Like Egnater, he'll occasionally host a 2 day seminar where newbies can build their own under his tutelage (love that word, tutelage). His kits aren't lowest cost of those available, but they come with detailed instructions.

One of these days I may buy one from him. That way if it ever needs repair, I'll have local support.

Yo, JJ... we don't gotta use no kings english hear, does we?

:hijacked: Like Bluenote, my fingers have OFTEN gotten ahead of my brain, which leads to just this type of error. I'm sure he meant to say "that" or "this". As for Genesis, they were never quite the same after Peter left.

..................... We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion, already in progress. :D

Archived