Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H150 service

wildwing

Hi Folks

I've just taken my H150 for a major operation. Hope it survives. Lol!!

"Stone frets to uniform height and radius, Re-profile crows, polish frets.

Clean and Polish guitar Check and Clean Electronics, Degrease Fingerboard, Polish Frets, Oil Fingerboard, Check Machine Heads and Fittings, Re-string, Set Truss-rod Tension, Re-cut Nut, Adjust String Height, Set Pickup Height, Fret level check any lifted frets will be seated, Clean Lubricate Balance Tremolo and Adjust Intonation". Oh yes and some descent strings!! Lol!! Yeah I know it's basically a set up...but hey! Lol!!

Has anyone else had these things done? The guy I've taken it to has done some work on my other guitars but up to now all the work has been minor but he is excellent at what he does, so I'm hoping it will be okay. I only found out about the tuning problems and playability when I was trying to over dub some guitar on H's track. I did the track this morning before I took my baby in and now I'm missing it already. I'm going to have a chat with Howard before we upload it to here, I need H to hear it first to make sure the intonation and tuning problems didn't effect the recording too much.

Stay well chaps

Hi Folks

I've just taken my H150 for a major operation. Hope it survives. Lol!!

"Stone frets to uniform height and radius, Re-profile crows, polish frets.

Clean and Polish guitar Check and Clean Electronics, Degrease Fingerboard, Polish Frets, Oil Fingerboard, Check Machine Heads and Fittings, Re-string, Set Truss-rod Tension, Re-cut Nut, Adjust String Height, Set Pickup Height, Fret level check any lifted frets will be seated, Clean Lubricate Balance Tremolo and Adjust Intonation". Oh yes and some descent strings!! Lol!! Yeah I know it's basically a set up...but hey! Lol!!

Has anyone else had these things done? The guy I've taken it to has done some work on my other guitars but up to now all the work has been minor but he is excellent at what he does, so I'm hoping it will be okay. I only found out about the tuning problems and playability when I was trying to over dub some guitar on H's track. I did the track this morning before I took my baby in and now I'm missing it already. I'm going to have a chat with Howard before we upload it to here, I need H to hear it first to make sure the intonation and tuning problems didn't effect the recording too much.

Stay well chaps

Sounds like a thorough set up. Some of those operations might not be necessary, depending on what the tech finds, as he goes through the guitar. Setting the truss rod properly is key, and may either reveal or solve problems with both the nut and the frets. He should polish the frets, as well, assuming he'll be doing no leveling nor crowning. A fret polish is a quick and easy operation. I'm currently doing an apprenticeship with a really good tech, and these procedures, the basic set up, are where I'm beginning. Let us know how it feels, when it returns.

Fret dress and a set up are always a great idea... But be sure the setup is to your playing style. If you're a finger picker, you may want the action a little high. If you're a shredder, as low as it goes. But if you're like me, some where in between works...

Yep!! Somewhere in-between sounds good...Typical...can't make up my mind one way or another!! Lol!! :icon_scratch:

Fret dress and a set up are always a great idea... But be sure the setup is to your playing style. If you're a finger picker, you may want the action a little high. If you're a shredder, as low as it goes. But if you're like me, some where in between works...

Cheers Spectrum, that statement made me feel a whole lot better. At least it made me use my 140 to write a piece of music that I probably wouldn't have written on my 150. You should be able to have a listen to it sometime tomorrow night. It's the track from the HOCTOP post and I've now started to write it as a pure instrumental, I've never written a instrumental piece before and I probably wouldn't have if my 150 hadn't got to go into hospital. Lol!! Silver lining and all that!

Thanks Buddy

Stay well

Not a major operation. Just an oil change and tune up that can make all the difference. Hope she comes home soon.

i really enjoy working on my guitars. although i cant file frets, or cut a nut, i do my own pickup swaps, fret polishing, cleaning, truss rod adj, bridge and tailpiece adj.

you can save a lot of $ doing a few things yourself.

i really enjoy working on my guitars. although i cant file frets, or cut a nut, i do my own pickup swaps, fret polishing, cleaning, truss rod adj, bridge and tailpiece adj.

you can save a lot of $ doing a few things yourself.

Brent's right - most of these things are fairly easy jobs. It saves money but the main thing is your guitar doesn't disappear for a week or more!

Well worth learning the basics.

Cheers Bolero I appreciate it. I will have a look at them but I used to have a guitar tech but now he's only gone and moved to bloody France. The bloody French they steal everything that's good from us, that's because we probably stole it from them at some point...British folks are really good claiming things. Lol!! Well folks say "if you need a job done properly, do it yourself". Well in my case it is "If you want a job done properly, get someone who knows what they're doing to do it"!! Lol!! Thanks again.

Dan Erlewine's book is fantastic...I think it's called "how to make your gtr play great"

http://www.danerlewi...pair_books.html

also this one is really good

http://www.amazon.ca...e/dp/0879302917

there's a dwarf who shows up to the PSP's every year

if you're lucky he'll look at your gear

I hear he takes payment in Canadian beer

he tweaked the truss rod on my millie this summer...shit, that doesn't rhyme

:icon_joker:

Archived