Heritage Owners Club

So if I could only keep one... URG!!!

Kuz

So I lined them all up the other day, and asked myself (heaven forbid) if I could only keep one, which one would it be (BASED PURELY ON TONE & SOUND ONLY. WHICH ONE IS THE MOST MAGICAL HERITAGE I OWN????

Anyone want to guess?

Choices

1. Golden Eagle

2. Sweet 16

3. 555

4. 555 Custom (mahogany neck, rosewood board)

5. 150 with lollar p-90s

6. 150 with lollar imperial humbuckers

Pics

_DSC1893-Edit2.jpg

_DSC1893-Edit2.jpg_thumb

_DSC2182 web.jpg

_DSC2182 web.jpg_thumb

Well, maybe ;D

See if we get any others to guess. I'll be giving away the other 5 at the HOC reunion! (Only one guess per person please)

You'd keep the 555 Custom.

Out of my Heritages, I'd keep the Millennium DC.  I was just thinking today that the HRWs are too hot for jazz, but I think if I could learn to roll back the volume I could cop a decent jazz tone.  It's certainly hot enough for rock and blues.  Good all 'rounder. 

I agree with Dick: the H555 Custom--at least that would be MY choice.

I'll be giving away the other 5 at the HOC reunion!

Is there a "must be present to win" clause?  :wink:

Well, the answers are Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe,.....

A few more and th answers will be revealed!!!!

And then I will announce the WINNER!

you would keep this one, and you would put a bigsby on it.

I might indeed pick that one, but I most definitely would not put a bigsby on it.

Real men don't need no damn wiggly bar!!! ;D ;D (that goes for Strats as well)

I agree with Dick: the H555 Custom--at least that would be MY choice.

Is there a "must be present to win" clause?  :wink:

*certain restrictions do apply

H555 Custom, of course!!

You don't make it too difficult, afterall.

Each time you mention that axe, you give us the full rundown of its custom options...and make us ALL very jealous in the process.  :)

OK, now go ahead and tell me how off the mark I was. 8)

Keep the 555 custom. I own one and it is my favorite.

Your nuts if you sell any of them.  ;D Great collection.

FIRST OFF, none of them are for sale.

SECOND, due to HOC being down for 3 days the Gift certificate for the winner of this contest has unfortunately EXPIRED!

They are all incredible guitars, and all magical in their own way. But in order of best sounding & TONE>>>>

1. 150 GT with Lollar p-90s (interestingly the guitar with the most finish blemish, never fails to amaze me when I play it. Of the 6 it is just head & shoulders above the others, and the others are GREAT)

2. Custom 555 (YES with mahogany neck & rosewood board. Much more resonant and clearer than the other 555)

3. 150 GT with Lollar Imperial HBs (a perfect guitar from weight, finish, and pickups- this one has the LP tone, but there is just that intangible factor for the other 150)

4. Golden Eagle (wish I could play better jazz!)

5. Sweet 16 (wish I could play better jazz! --  really both archtops are a tie and probably should not have been in this discussion for the best Heritage bluesy rock tone thing)

6. 555 (Probably the prettiest Heritage I own, bought mint used. I had HRW put in it. It had Seth Lovers in it before. It is still a Great guitar, but not as resonate, warm, or fat sounding. I have never like ebony fretboards on electric semi-hollows or LP style solid bodies. It sounds more like a jazz guitar than say a 335)

So there it is. Any thoughts on the results???

SECOND, due to HOC being down for 3 days the Gift certificate for the winner of this contest has unfortunately EXPIRED!

So there it is. Any thoughts on the results???

Metaphorically speaking, this used to happen to me all the time with women!  I feel somehow...used....      :'(

Archived