Heritage Owners Club

H530, the other P90 Hollowbody

Gitfiddler

With all of the recent discussions about how wonderful and toneful H525 guitars are, (and they are!), let's not forget about her sexty, slim-bodied cousin...the H530.

Like the 525 it is also a full hollow body (a floating or non-floating block is available as a custom option), and has wonderful acoustic and electric tones.

Since the body is slimmer, it has tones more close to the 535...but with a destinct P90 flavor. It is my all time favorite couch gitfiddle. It is light weight, resonant, and notes jump out of the F-holes with full hollow clarity. Amplified it gets tones from archtop thump, Grant Green funk to Tele snap, all with the flip of a switch.

So all of you guys and gals shopping for or saving for a 525, don't forget about this fine 22 fret tone monster!

http://www.heritageg...hp90_specs.html

H530%20TRCH%20P90.jpg

Hey, then why does my H530 have crappy ol' humbuckers?

gallery_2472_317_61882.jpg

Do you still have that beauty? I thought you sold it. Still an incredibly beautiful guitar!!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Kuz' custom 535 P90 fits right into this category. And there ain't nothin' wrong with "crappy humbuckers" in a 530. I bet that hollow body is a sweet howling beast at volume.

Does anyone know the price difference between NEW 530's and NEW 525's?

Do you still have that beauty? I thought you sold it. Still an incredibly beautiful guitar!!!!!

We broke up for a while but are back together.

Does anyone know the price difference between NEW 530's and NEW 525's?

All I remember is that the H530 costs the same as the H535. What that means is the H530 costs more per pound.

Hey, then why does my H530 have crappy ol' humbuckers?

gallery_2472_317_61882.jpg

Ain't nothin crappy about that guitar!! Is that a stock pickguard?

Guest HRB853370

Git, you certainly have no need for two P-90 equipped hollow bodies. Let me just take the 525 off your hands so you can give the 530 more lovin.

Git, you certainly have no need for two P-90 equipped hollow bodies. Let me just take the 525 off your hands so you can give the 530 more lovin.

Will--do we have to go through this again?---I called the SSB beauty!-Tell u what, I'll arm wrestle u for it!...Hmmm maybe that's not such a good idea--how abt a game heads or tails?

Will, as compelling as your sales pitch is, I just don't see it happening...yet. And H7 did call dibs before you for the 525 SSB. :icon_smile:

For the record, I use flatwounds on the 525 for jazzy tones, and roundwounds on the 530 for all the other stuff. Sorry, but I need to keep them both.

Besides, don't you have two or more gits with humbuckers? WHY?! :icon_scratch:

Another vote for LOVING that pickguard Mark, just gorgeous. I am usually not a pickguard guy, yours and the one on my McInturff are GREAT looking in my opinion.

Mc3web2.jpg

Will, as compelling as your sales pitch is, I just don't see it happening...yet. And H7 did call dibs before you for the 525 SSB. :icon_smile:

For the record, I use flatwounds on the 525 for jazzy tones, and roundwounds on the 530 for all the other stuff. Sorry, but I need to keep them both.

Besides, don't you have two or more gits with humbuckers? WHY?! :icon_scratch:

Dibs!!---Many thanks Gitfiddler (I am in your debt!)---Will, I will happily enter the collective bargaining arena on this---but as the SSB is currently under an iron clad contract and performing like a superstar---chances are, she's gonna be a franchise player---but I might think abt a trade if you throw in some top quality talent and a git to be named later!

I'm just learning about this stuff, so please correct me if I'm mistaken...

but to my understanding some earlier Gibson ES-330s had a neck/body join at the 17th fret. This version was later nicknamed the 'short neck' version. (See photo below left of a sunburst 1959.)

But it seems that at some point, Gibson moved the neck/body join to the 19th fret--now called a 'long neck.' (See photo below right of a natural long-neck ES-330.)

The Heritage 530s that I have seen appear to all have the long neck.

Did Heritage ever make a 530 like the earlier 'short-neck' version of the 330--with a neck join at the 17th?

I think some players prefer each version.

I believe Emily Remler, one of my heros, played a short-neck ES-330. So, being the guitar junkie slut that I am, I'd like to try a short-neck ES-330, maybe in the form of a Heritage. (I already have a 535 and 575.)

If anyone who could enlighten me about any of this, I'd appreciate it.

-Flat

p1_ubcgs1jof_ss.jpgp1_u0ud22gia_ss.jpg

Archived