Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 5E3, Tweed Deluxe on Order!

schundog

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, when I saw from the tracking number that the amp was leaving Livonia, MI, for some stupid reason my mind went straight to the old song "Caledonia." Maybe I'll name her Livonia, haha.

Sooo, here's what I've got so far;

Livonia?!

Livonia?!

What-Makes-That- Brown-Truck So-Slow?!

blah

blah

blah

I'm crazy 'bout you baby cause Livonia is yo' name.....

OK, that's lame, but, let's be honest, I'll never get invited to go to a Blues Competition in Memphis!!

OK, when I saw from the tracking number that the amp was leaving Livonia, MI, for some stupid reason my mind went straight to the old song "Caledonia." Maybe I'll name her Livonia, haha.

Livonia?!

Livonia?!

blah

blah

blah

OK, that's lame, but, let's be honest, I'll never get invited to go to a Blues Competition in Memphis!!

I'm think something more like "Low Down, Dirty Shame"....

Livonia?!

Livonia?!

blah

blah

blah

keep workin on it man you'll get it!!

It's on a truck, out for delivery by the end of the day Wednesday!!

Cool...Mine is getting laquered and should be on it's way by the first of next week!! Brian is a popular guy!!

...but you will be in Kalamazoo, in August, and it doesn't get much better than that...even in Memphis, I can assure you, Brian!

Well, as promised, this bad boy was waiting on my doorstep when I got home. Thank God I had already given wifey her Birthday present this morning, haha. Lousy timing on my part. She did give me one parting comment as I slinked away to the mancave; "HEY, I Thought It Was MY Birthday?!" but there was no mirth in her tone. I hate Mirth.....

Anyway, pics to come; All I have to say is that my 5 minute test run through my American Deluxe Tele left a smile on my face, and my ears ringing!! I think this amp and I are going to get along JUST fine.... Thanks, Brian, KBP810!!

Guest HRB853370

Well, as promised, this bad boy was waiting on my doorstep when I got home. Thank God I had already given wifey her Birthday present this morning, haha. Lousy timing on my part. She did give me one parting comment as I slinked away to the mancave; "HEY, I Thought It Was MY Birthday?!" but there was no mirth in her tone. I hate Mirth.....

Anyway, pics to come; All I have to say is that my 5 minute test run through my American Deluxe Tele left a smile on my face, and my ears ringing!! I think this amp and I are going to get along JUST fine.... Thanks, Brian, KBP810!!

YOU DOG! I HATE YOU. (not)

:worthless:

YOU DOG! I HATE YOU. (not)

:worthless:

All right you big baby.... Unfortunately, right off the bat it sounded kind of boxy..... :laughing9:

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/tweeddeluxe001.jpg[/img]"]https://tweeddeluxe001.jpg

OK, not funny...The cab is a nice colored amber tweed, obviously.

tweeddeluxe020.jpg

It is almost exactly the same size as my Peavey Classic 30, but fairly lighter, I assume because of the lack of a reverb tank and perhaps different speaker weights.

tweeddeluxe011.jpg

It has a Jensen P12N Anico Speaker that sounds great.

tweeddeluxe009.jpg

Control panel

tweeddeluxe004.jpg

I've got a lot of getting to know this amp, but so far I am VERY impressed with it. I'll try to get some clips recorded soon.

Looks like the chassis got a little shifted forward in transit - you should be able to losen those top two screws just a bit and move it back against the back panel and re-tighten (it was sitting nice and flush when it left - d@mn you UPS!!!!!)

Gad to hear it arrived safe and in working order!

Guest HRB853370

Looks awesome. Toss in a couple pedals and it should be your main amp. I'm kind of curious to know if its louder than the Classic 30.

15w vs 30w, I doubt it but I bet it breaks up early.

Guest HRB853370

All right you big baby.... Unfortunately, right off the bat it sounded kind of boxy..... :laughing9:

https://tweeddeluxe001.jpg

OK, not funny...The cab is a nice colored amber tweed, obviously.

tweeddeluxe020.jpg

It is almost exactly the same size as my Peavey Classic 30, but fairly lighter, I assume because of the lack of a reverb tank and perhaps different speaker weights.

tweeddeluxe011.jpg

It has a Jensen P12N Anico Speaker that sounds great.

tweeddeluxe009.jpg

Control panel

tweeddeluxe004.jpg

I've got a lot of getting to know this amp, but so far I am VERY impressed with it. I'll try to get some clips recorded soon.

Nice looking amp- I love the tweed covering. Lightweight is good right? Especially for hauling to little jam sessions and small gigs (in your case, church).

Guest HRB853370

Wattage is relative.

True but why would you wonder if its louder than a C30? Those are pretty damn loud amps! The 5e3 is not known for being a loud amp now is it?

Archived