Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 5E3, Tweed Deluxe on Order!

schundog

OK, unfortunately you are going to be disappointed in these clips; not because of the amp or guitars, but the playing and lack of proper recording skills! No Lie... The first one is TOO quiet, and on the neck pickup of the 137, so it sounds muffled, but hopefully you get the idea.

http://www.soundclic...d=11426888&q=hi

The second one sounds so distorted, but I'm sure I was peaking the mic, and I'm such a doofus I don't really know how to get the fantastic overdriven sound to record well. Then, fast forward from 1:50 to a little past 2:00; it gets REAL ugly right around then.... This one is with my Fender American Deluxe Tele. Still got the guts to loose these few minutes of your life that you'll never get back?! haha. After listening to the first one, you'll wanna turn down your speaker volume before you let the second one run.

http://www.soundclic...d=11429292&q=hi

Well jeez, maybe I'm a dufus, but I think those clips sound real good! I can think of about a gazillon uses for the tones both clips. You might have been peaking the mic a little on the second clip, but honestly, I kinda think that's how a tweed is supposed to sound when really pushed. RUDE, LEWD, AND IN A RAW MOOD...

Thanks for the clips, I can tell how touch sensitive the amp is by the clips, and of course, your playing. The last chord you hit on the last clip really shows the even-ness of voicing in the amp - real full- real clear even when in that 'rude tweed' place that those amps wanna live in. I think you've got one heck of a live gigging amp, and from the clips I'm thinking you could use the hell out of it in the studio.

Nice clips, man! well done, and again, congrats on the amp!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the chassis pics - you have to love that simple little circuit for all the joy it delivers :)

Time for another 'please' ;) I mainly use the forum from my iPhone, those links don't work properly on that, and Soundclick is barred at work: could you supply your Soundclick user name so I can listen to your clips through the iPhone app please?

Brian,

REALLY nice sounds on the first clip. Warm 6V6 tones, surprising bottom end, excellent clarity. Gotta love those P90's. You may think your recording level was low, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

As for the second clip, if you're overloading the mic you might try just moving it further away from the amp. Then if you're not getting the recording level you want, crank up the volume a bit. This also allows some of the room ambience to affect the recorded sound. I know, that sounds too easy, but it worked for me when I was trying to overcome a bit of 'tired-tube-hum' with the Vibrolux.

And no need to warn us about your playing, it's fine.

It's always good to get a 3rd party's confirmation of your own assessment. I KNEW that the KBP810 sounded great to ME, but I wanted to get the opinion of a couple of "real" players. I had my buddy that did the Friday Night Jam weigh in, and he was blown away. "You can go ahead and sell all your other amps," he said. Today, for kicks, I took the Tweed Deluxe in to my buddy at the pawn shop, and asked him if he wanted to put it through it's paces. He readily agreed,and, after wailing away for 3 minutes, muttered "Holy $hit!" and turned it up even louder. The 10 or so customers in the shop were obviously inconvienenced by the cocophony of sound coming from this little box, but Tommy was undeterred, until his business partner came downstairs and said, "Hey man, it sounds GREAT, but can we turn it DOWN?!" That made me smile. As i left, Tommy said, sincerely, "Hey Man, thanks for SERIOUSLY making my day! You REALLY don't need any other amp, DO you?!" Lots of fun.

Archived