Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 5E3, Tweed Deluxe on Order!

schundog

I am a Fender amp guy, for the most part. I've been toying with the idea of some kind of amp build from Brian for awhile now, and I also have been intrigued by the tone of the 5E3 amps, the old Fender Tweed Deluxe (Both real and modelled, haha). After several PM conversations with Brian and multiple trips to YouTubeland, I decided to go for it. I sent Brian the check today, and decided to have Mr. Howling Wolf deliver it himself.....

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/reverbs003.jpg[/img]"]http://reverbs003.jpg

I am really looking forward to this process! Thanks, Brian!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to love that amp. (Yes, more PR for Brian!). But as I've said before, its his personal favorite. Simple, very effective, and despite its 15watts, its very loud and more than capable to hang with a band. Takes pedals very well, and it takes a big volume push to send it into breakup mode. Lots of great tones to be had. Congrats!

Nice! Good choice on both amp and builder. As I recall, you've a single coil or 2 in the stable. A tele thru a tweed is very fun in my most humble opinion. So is a dual humbucker for that matter if you really wanna get down and dirty. Ah-OOOOO Smokestack Lightning, baby!

Nice! Good choice on both amp and builder. As I recall, you've a single coil or 2 in the stable. A tele thru a tweed is very fun in my most humble opinion. So is a dual humbucker for that matter if you really wanna get down and dirty. Ah-OOOOO Smokestack Lightning, baby!

Yassir. This Tele has been getting most of my single coil attention lately. I'd better shut that mouth before flies get in it! Thanks!

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/Christmas2011307.jpg[/img]"]http://Christmas2011307.jpg

Shortly after I rescued this previously funk-encrusted (not in a good way) MIM 90s Strat from a pawn shop a few months ago, the REAL guitar player at our large church took a liking to it, as he doesn't have anything with a trem, and I haven't gotten it back home since! Oh, crap, I think I just hijacked my own thread....

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/HeritageDowntown120.jpg[/img]"]http://HeritageDowntown120.jpg

Hey Brian - that's exciting! Just last night I was in You Tube land, sampling all the Tweeds, and they're great-sounding amps! What's the ETA?

Yep, Tweeds are where it is at for R&R and Blues. I miss my "real" Tweed Deluxe. But right now I just can't justify the purchase. Someday I will have Mr. KBP build me one too!!!

You have selected well Schundog. Doesn't that magic, singing sword, H525 have single coils?

Guest HRB853370

Congrats Brian, nice choice. Glad to see I'm not the only member in single coil mode. What speaker will you be installing?

Yes, tell us tell us tell us!

Taken my 5E3 to the last two outings. Using it together with my Kustom. Kustom, clean channel, on the floor gives me chunky big bottom. The 5E3 on a stand for mids and high end, with that unmistakeable tweed tone. Used the Tele for both gigs. New venue Saturday night had great acoustics, and I've never played through a better sounding rig. Just inspiring tone....

Thanks guys! Howard and Kuz, I blame/thank you guys for having this GAS attack re-ignited. Yoslate and Kenny didn't help, either, when Kenny sold his 5E3 to Kuz, to rave reviews. And John, while I certainly can't justify the purchase, either, I all to often say "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" haha. Steiner, yes, I do believe you are correct sir, regarding the 525 "Singing Sword." Too funny. You'll have to show me how this amp and that guitar are REALLY supposed to sound come August! As for an ETA, Brian says it won't take long once he gets started, as it's a no-brainer for him (my words, not his), but he has Smurf's build ahead of mine at the very least, and, as he builds these for us HOCer's practically at cost, I'm certainly not going to hold him to a firm date. We had talked speaker briefly, and he mentioned a Jensen P12N or C12N, but we haven't gotten that far yet. I'm certainly not opposed to a Weber speaker; I've got a Weber Blue Dog with heavy dope in my Peavey Classic 30, and it sounds GREAT! I hope Brian doesn't mind me spilling the beans already, but I am quite excited.

Guest HRB853370

I'm looking forward to performing some quality assurance testing!

I think KBP has that part of the process under control.

I've got a practically new Weber Alnico 12150 if he wan

I'd be inclined for something like a Cannibus Rex, but I think a Weber Blue may be going in there....

I've got a practically new 12" Weber Alnico (12A150) that's available if interested. About to list it in Marketplace.

Thanks guys! Howard and Kuz, I blame/thank you guys for having this GAS attack re-ignited. Yoslate and Kenny didn't help, either, when Kenny sold his 5E3 to Kuz, to rave reviews. And John, while I certainly can't justify the purchase, either, I all to often say "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" haha. Steiner, yes, I do believe you are correct sir, regarding the 525 "Singing Sword." Too funny. You'll have to show me how this amp and that guitar are REALLY supposed to sound come August! As for an ETA, Brian says it won't take long once he gets started, as it's a no-brainer for him (my words, not his), but he has Smurf's build ahead of mine at the very least, and, as he builds these for us HOCer's practically at cost, I'm certainly not going to hold him to a firm date. We had talked speaker briefly, and he mentioned a Jensen P12N or C12N, but we haven't gotten that far yet. I'm certainly not opposed to a Weber speaker; I've got a Weber Blue Dog with heavy dope in my Peavey Classic 30, and it sounds GREAT! I hope Brian doesn't mind me spilling the beans already, but I am quite excited.

Ah, that didn't happen to me, but I wish it did!!!

Archived