Heritage Owners Club

KBP810 5E3, Tweed Deluxe on Order!

schundog

Then you've never played a KBP 5E3....

Even though the DeltaBlues goes to 12, I never turned it up past 5 to keep up with a band. I used KBP personal 5E3 before and that was plenty loud less than 1/2 way up.

I just nevered did an A/B comparison with one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True but why would you wonder if its louder than a C30? Those are pretty damn loud amps! The 5e3 is not known for being a loud amp now is it?

I couldn't believe how punchy and loud this thing was, only turned about halfway up! I don't know as I'll like the completely dimed tone, as it may get too dirty for my taste, but it's just that, MY taste. The grit on this thing at 1/4 to 1/2 way up is what I dig. I've gotta do some more studying on some tips that Howard gave me that Randy gave him that.....Anyway, plenty loud; PROBABLY not louder than the C30, especially with the Weber Blue Dog speaker in the C30. Come on over guys, we'll find out for sure! haha

it gets plenty loud -the only catch is that it does not always stay clean for long in doing so (rolling back the volume on the guitar helps a bit)

I often beef my 5E3 builds up a little bit more - mine is closer to 18 watts

Guest HRB853370

it gets plenty loud -the only catch is that it does not always stay clean for long in doing so (rolling back the volume on the guitar helps a bit)

Awesome!!

Looks like the chassis got a little shifted forward in transit - you should be able to losen those top two screws just a bit and move it back against the back panel and re-tighten (it was sitting nice and flush when it left - d@mn you UPS!!!!!)

Gad to hear it arrived safe and in working order!

Oh, Yeah, Brian, it's more that I imagined it would be/sound like. Well done. The chassis was easily moved back into position; thanks for the tip! (For all I knew, it was SUPPOSED to have a gap there; "for heat from the tubes to escape," I would have figured, haha)

A 12AY7 in V1 keeps it cleaner, if a little quieter.

I'm also playing about with a 5751 in that position for a little more power but clean for a touch longer than with a 12AX7.

Very nice amp :)

I've gotta do some more studying on some tips that Howard gave me that Randy gave him that.....

Howard sent me the same suggestions. Very, very good info! I've got mine right, now. My favorite thing to do with it, is to use both "outs" on my last pedal, and combine the 5E3 with a cleaner amp, the Kustom, or my 22W Bitar. If I have room onstage, I'll set them two or three feet apart, angled in toward me, from either side. Great Big Tone! Wonderful stage setup, which I'll use at the jam tonight. Oh boy! Congrats, Brian! I'm sure it's a forever keeper.

Howard sent me the same suggestions. Very, very good info! I've got mine right, now. My favorite thing to do with it, is to use both "outs" on my last pedal, and combine the 5E3 with a cleaner amp, the Kustom, or my 22W Bitar. If I have room onstage, I'll set them two or three feet apart, angled in toward me, from either side. Great Big Tone! Wonderful stage setup, which I'll use at the jam tonight. Oh boy! Congrats, Brian! I'm sure it's a forever keeper.

You've got a pedal with two outs? Is that common?

You've got a pedal with two outs? Is that common?

Not uncommon. It's a DigiTech DigiVerb. Splitters are also commercially available. You can always "jumper" two amps, if one has two channels. Guitar into one channel. Plug a guitar cord into the other channel's "input." Then run that cord to the input of the second amp. That second amp will get an input signal from the first amp. Adjust the amps to blend the two. Big Fun to follow.

Guest HRB853370

Not uncommon. It's a DigiTech DigiVerb. Splitters are also commercially available. You can always "jumper" two amps, if one has two channels. Guitar into one channel. Plug a guitar cord into the other channel's "input." Then run that cord to the input of the second amp. That second amp will get an input signal from the first amp. Adjust the amps to blend the two. Big Fun to follow.

Now thats interesting, input to input!!!

My Boss BF3 flanger, Digitch Bad Monkey OD pedal, and Boss DD3 delay have two outputs...

My gosh, this is a nice looking amp. Since please works with you, could you post some clips maybe this weekend. KBP is about to start making my amp (totally different animal than the tweed), so seeing his excellent work really gets me STOKED! Plus... You'd have to be a communist not to like a TWEED! :icon_salut:

Sorry, I've been hitting the java a little hard tonight... :happy6:

OK, unfortunately you are going to be disappointed in these clips; not because of the amp or guitars, but the playing and lack of proper recording skills! No Lie... The first one is TOO quiet, and on the neck pickup of the 137, so it sounds muffled, but hopefully you get the idea.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11426888&q=hi

The second one sounds so distorted, but I'm sure I was peaking the mic, and I'm such a doofus I don't really know how to get the fantastic overdriven sound to record well. Then, fast forward from 1:50 to a little past 2:00; it gets REAL ugly right around then.... This one is with my Fender American Deluxe Tele. Still got the guts to loose these few minutes of your life that you'll never get back?! haha. After listening to the first one, you'll wanna turn down your speaker volume before you let the second one run.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11429292&q=hi

Archived