Heritage Owners Club

An EXTREEM act of kindness!!!

brentrocks

I have been keeping this under my cap until the delivery was made today, an HOC member, who requests to remain anonymous, has purchased a HOC Parson St Pilgrimage shirt for every employee at Heritage!!!  I was there today to witness the delivery of the shirts, and i must say that our friends at Heritage were very surprised!!!!  We kinda hid these shirts in w/ the order or the Heritage shirts the Vince ordered for NAMM and for the shop. 

The HOC member that payed for these shirts asked me to tell the group at Heritage that these were a gift from the HOC, and thanks for building great guitars and putting up w/ our questions/BS/concerns w/ our guitars.

The guys were very thankfull, JP, Ren, Charlie and Bill were the only ones that knew of the surprise when i left...I'm sure the news has spread through Heritage by now!  As usuall, they were all working hard and this kinda caught them off guard, but in a good way!

Talk about a great way to give a little something back to these unsung heroes of guitar craftmanship!!!! I am extremely impressed, moved, but not all too surprised that folks here like Brent, the anonymous purchaser-and all other well wishers have gone the extra mile like this to pay due respect to the Wizards of Kalamazoo.  I am a bit envious of those of you who are making the group trip, but hope to be there in spirit at the guitar mecca visit next month.

:occasion14:

And to the individual who bought the shirts....a BIG thanks. It's folks like you that help keep the dream alive!!!! :color:

From guitar maker to Consumer, everything Heritage has class.  Good show on somebody's part!

...the Wizards of Kalamazoo.  I am a bit envious of those of you who are making the group trip, but hope to be there in spirit at the guitar mecca visit next month.

:occasion14:

They are Wizards, aren't they!  Nicely put, Kaz!  And sincerest thanks to the HOC Cat who spoke so thoughtfully and generously on behalf of all of us!!!  

You know, Kaz, as gas (not GAS) prices continue to climb, I'd begun to think I might not be able to justify making The Pilgrimage, come July.  I'll be making good on a pretty expensive guitar in a couple of weeks...and I'm a state employee, for crying out loud.  L o n g  drive by myself.  But I continue to follow the posts on the HOC, getting to "know" some of the members a bit more, hearing from people who can't make it.  I hear from Ren about my guitar once in a while; Brent makes a trip to Parsons Street to eat lunch or sweep up, whatever it is he does there, and posts enthusiastically about it; Katie, the Heritage employee begins to post about her 150; and on and on.  I'm beginning to realize, I don't know how I can't go!    

...I'm beginning to realize, I don't know how I can't go!   

The more the merrier!  Like someone said in a different thread, do you really want to find yourself on Monday muttering, "I should've been there!"  ;D

Big smile - that is so cool, Brent.  Thanks for the postings of today - this one especially, the NAMM announcement, the tickler of the news.  Whoever the kind benefactor is, thank-you so much for this thoughtful act!!

I'm so looking forward to the tour in July!

This is a very very awesome gesture. Mucho kudos to whomever the mystery donor is.

Makes me even more sorry I'm gonna miss the tour... I'm gonna need each an every one of you to go up and hug an employee and say something like "we love you man...", or "we're not worthy...". The more embarassed you can make 'em the better :)

That is really cool! Can't wait to meet them and some of you in a month. This is going to be blast and a once in a lifetime opportunity! A day seeing them work their craft and a afternoon/evening of good food, good music, and good company. A drive back stocked with my favorite Brew... this trip is a must!

I'm beginning to realize, I don't know how I can't go!

Yoslate. Hope you and everybody else have a safe yet unforgettable trip-the more I think about it, the more fun it sounds; meeting members who have corresponded here in some cases for years who will finally meet, party and jam as well as be able to meet and actually talk to those legends on Parson St. in person,well, it just blows my mind. Hope somebody gets some movies of this.

Oh yhe, movies (Kaz's reference).  Brent, do you know if we can take movies on the tour?  Suppose should ask about pics, too.  I know you've taken them, but can the general pop on the tour take them?

Oh yhe, movies (Kaz's reference).   Brent, do you know if we can take movies on the tour?  Suppose should ask about pics, too.  I know you've taken them, but can the general pop on the tour take them?

i take my camera every time i go down there, never been told no.  the video, i think, wouldnt be a problem....if you were thinking of bringing your vid camera, i'd say bring it.

its not like we would reveal deep, dark secrets to gibson.... ;D

its not like we would reveal deep, dark secrets to gibson.... ;D

You don't think so?  They seem to have been unable to figure out that artists with passion who are crafting instruments not commodities are worth more, in the long run, than short-term economic profits.  ;)

You don't think so?  They seem to have been unable to figure out that artists with passion who are crafting instruments not commodities are worth more, in the long run, than short-term economic profits.  ;)

there still has to be some old boys in nashville that were in kalamazoo....they know the deal.

Brief thread hijacking here!  Somebody else has already commented, but I had to add my $.02!  Brent, your perpetually changing avatar catalog of smashed up cars is one of the subtlest, funniest things I've seen on the forum!  Sense of humor intact, always a good sign!  Karma up +1 for perspective!        :laughing4: 

Brief thread hijacking here!  Somebody else has already commented, but I had to add my $.02!  Brent, your perpetually changing avatar catalog of smashed up cars is one of the subtlest, funniest things I've seen on the forum!  Sense of humor intact, always a good sign!  Karma up +1 for perspective!        :laughing4:   

;D :P ;D

Archived