Heritage Owners Club

talk to me about pedals

big bob

I'm having fun with the sound city head. It takes pedals really well. Right now all I have is a dan-echo, and a fabtone.. what recommendations do you have for overdrive or distortion, or maybe a flanger? tell me what you like through a clean amp with lots of headroom.

Check out Wampler. Pick the distortion 'sound' that reads like what you'll think you like and it'll probably fit the bill. Makes some nice stuff. Very nice. Or Digitech Bad Monkey for cheap, but decent sound.

Check out Wampler. Pick the distortion 'sound' that reads like what you'll think you like and it'll probably fit the bill. Makes some nice stuff. Very nice. Or Digitech Bad Monkey for cheap, but decent sound.

:icon_thumleft: I have the Wampler Superplextortion for my high gain sounds - really like it. For my crunch sound, I have Freakish Blues Alpha Drive -- love that one, too (although FB is mired in controversy - if you decide to go with an AD, PM me).

Fulltone OCD and Barber Direct Drive are my 2 top picks for drive. Very responsive to attack and guitar volume.

Wilson Effects for your wah pedal needs!

For what I play, the Digitech Bad Monkey has been an excellant tube screamer type OD. However, I think many would recommend the Fulltone OCD. As for Flangers, I really enjoy the Boss BF3. Almost put it up for sale, but I've discovered its awesome for 80's rock stuff.

The wampler reverb unit is sick.. might be on my list..

A couple of low gain OD pedals stacked is very useful with a clean amp. A tubescreamer type and a marshall style pedal would be good. You might like to check out the Joyo range of pedals, they're very good and also inexpensive, about $40 to $50 each.

http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

The Ultimate drive is an OCD clone and the Vintage is an Ibanez tubescreamer clone.

OD- I really like my Plush Valve Job. Very natural OD and cleans up beautifully when you back of the guitar volume.

Delay- I recently got a MXR Carbon Copy analog delay that works well and is super easy to use. Priced well for the quality

I'm having fun with the sound city head. It takes pedals really well. Right now all I have is a dan-echo, and a fabtone.. what recommendations do you have for overdrive or distortion, or maybe a flanger? tell me what you like through a clean amp with lots of headroom.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Tube Screamer is the only pedal that has never left my board!!

order a Tim pedal from Paul Cochrane. one week trial, money back. or sell it for more than you paid for it. can't lose. a Tim or Timmy pedal is always nearby when i'm playing out. or in, for that matter...

I've trended towards amps with a pretty good amount of gain available from the amp itself, so I rarely use OD pedals...

But when I do , I have a ProValve II that I love.. and it has an A/B switch for 2 different gain settings so is can be used like a 2 channel amp.

It does a wide range of overdrive levels and cleans up beautifully with the guitar volume knob.

Big Visual Sound fan. The Jekyll & Hyde has been on my board for years.

Great Tube Screamer clone with a second higher gain side.

I'm thinking I would like to try a Fulltone.

Used the Jekyll & Hyde for ages then went on a strange and expensive journey buying and trying the latest fad od/dist on the gear page.

One day rumaging around in a box full of discarded fx pedals I found the J&H and a ProCo Rat. Surprised me when I found the od/dist sounds I was looking for were in those two stomps.

Pretty much use the Jekyll & Hyde as one pedal now. Both on, both off. I use it as a generic sort of highish gain sound.

Guest HRB853370

I like my new Boss Combo Drive, provides that British overdrive and it is very versatile too.

A couple of low gain OD pedals stacked is very useful with a clean amp. A tubescreamer type and a marshall style pedal would be good. You might like to check out the Joyo range of pedals, they're very good and also inexpensive, about $40 to $50 each.

http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

The Ultimate drive is an OCD clone and the Vintage is an Ibanez tubescreamer clone.

Or if you want to spend more money, you can buy modified Joyo pedals from Freekish Blues for 5x as much.

Archived