Heritage Owners Club

H150 ~ H150 ULTRA * picjup situation *

michaeljames

Pls accept my appologies for asking again : but the ? is a little different this time :

** Last time asked about your opinions on P90s into an H150 **

Now I'm going back to my original idea of late 60s # PAFs (with paper stickers) on this upcoming instrument from RhoadsScholar. All I have is pups ~ no rings, no springs, no hardware ~ other than the pups themselves. But since Heritage makes <and did make> the best solid body guitars available...maybe a set of late 60s would sound nice in the H150 coming from RS :

Sounds like a nice set of pickups. For anyone thinking those aren't "hot" enough... I never heard Slash complain about his Alnico 2's sounding weak... His signature pickups aren't much higher than these. Besides the lower setting means you can get some sweet mellow blues tones....

RS GuitarWorks sells Lindy Fralin Pure PAFs and they are great sounding pups for the 150. Add a set of BumbleBee tone caps and you're good to go. If you look on the Lindy Fralin web site, you can see that Vintage Guitar magazine rated them above Tom Holmes ($750.00 a pair) and a few other actual PAFs.

http://www.fralinpickups.com/reviews_hb.asp

Good luck

If you decide to use something other than that '73 Gibs bridge pup, please let me know. I'll take it. In fact, I think you should use something else. Just so I can have that pickup. :) And if you do decide to use it ... it'll be just fine.

Throbaks are the end all for me when it comes to replicating as close as possible to original PAFs, from the original Gibson winder, wire, wooden bobbins, ect

I have tried dozens of different "PAFs" and only Throbaks has the tone for me.

Again, this is my opinion, yours my vary.

I made a mistake and noted the wrong pickups! The ones I noted above are early-mid 70s minihums and are going into a warmoth tele...

what I should have said is the pickups under consideration for the Ultra <it is arriving w/o pickuips tomorrow> are late 60s Gibson Pat# Sticker HBs (1st generation after original PAFs) or RioGrande P90s...

Some Gibson T-tops sound awesome. I've seen them sell for about the price of new Throbaks on Ebay. Just sayin...

Shhhh! Leave us not go spreading rumors like that. .... I can't afford Throbaks.

well you can always mix, match, and experiment once you get the guitar!! that's half the fun

otherwise it's just conjecture & internet lore :D

everyone has different tastes & only you can decide for yourself what works....one man's rotten milk is another man's yogurt

Archived