Heritage Owners Club

STENTORIAN KBP AMP IS DONE! PICS!

Got these from the man himself tonight, and I can hardly wait for it to arrive! Damn, I'm a lucky guy!

Enjoy, everyone!

post-5571-0-97523400-1333335848_thumb.jpg

post-5571-0-46528700-1333335856_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOH, Baby! Daddy Like! That tolex is Kick-Ass, as is the nice thick leather handle, the cream knobs over the black.... And, if it's anything like my KBP810, the looks are the LEAST of the pleasure. I can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get her. Congrats!

I don't know Knopf.... looks kinda simplistic. For that kind of money you can get a lot more knobs on something like a Mesa Mini RectalFryer !

KBP does some really unique stuff with his amps. It looks fabulous. I'm sure the sound will blow your socks off when it arrives!

Enjoy!

Looks pretty good from here :)

Now, what cab configuration/speakers are you going to team this up with?

Thanks! For now, I'm going with a 112 cab with a greenback. I'm having it tolexed to match the head, so it will be another couple of weeks on that. Until then I have a 210 cab with Eminence Ram Rods that I'll use.

What a sweet little amp . Please share the specs on that fine piece . HNAD

15ish watts

7189 tubes (variant of the EL84 that runs at higher plate voltages.

beefed up output transformer

volume, treble, bass, master volume.

The amp is designed to sort of live on the edge of break up. This amp is basically very much a Matchless Lightning, with minor tweaks such as the 7189 tubes and the trannies.

I asked KBP what amp would work for my requirements to have it not be too clean, but not be a total gain monster, and this circuit is what he came up with. After listening to some clips of the Matchless Lightning, I was sold.

It should be very touch sensitive, and expressive.

I'll be able to provide outstanding quality clips when it arrives. I JUST upgraded my home studio and managed to get great pre amps, so the recordings will be top notch (aside from the playing, of course lol)

Hope that helps!

I hope I get to try it out before it ships!

Me too! But I think he was shipping it today, so I'm not sure if you'll get the chance!

Sweeet. Cool looking amp. Sound clips?

Coming as soon as the amp arrives!

15ish watts

7189 tubes (variant of the EL84 that runs at higher plate voltages.

beefed up output transformer

volume, treble, bass, master volume.

The amp is designed to sort of live on the edge of break up. This amp is basically very much a Matchless Lightning, with minor tweaks such as the 7189 tubes and the trannies.

I asked KBP what amp would work for my requirements to have it not be too clean, but not be a total gain monster, and this circuit is what he came up with. After listening to some clips of the Matchless Lightning, I was sold.

It should be very touch sensitive, and expressive.

I'll be able to provide outstanding quality clips when it arrives. I JUST upgraded my home studio and managed to get great pre amps, so the recordings will be top notch (aside from the playing, of course lol)

Hope that helps!

Thanks yes ! , I use 6P14P-ER in my wreck clone , they are fantastic ! So it seems any EL84 will work then ? Try ER's next retube , 10k plus hr lifespan will last & last .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-EL84M-7189-6BQ5-6p14P-ER-Reflector-NOS-Tubes-RARE-Lifespan-10-000-hrs-/280750831405?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item415e0db72d

That's one good looking amp. You're gonna have to give up 'laying about on the floor' for 'playing thru my new amp'...

good point....Maybe I can lay about on the floor while playing....hmmm....ideas...:)

Thanks yes ! , I use 6P14P-ER in my wreck clone , they are fantastic ! So it seems any EL84 will work then ? Try ER's next retube , 10k plus hr lifespan will last & last .

http://www.ebay.com/...=item415e0db72d

dude, thanks for the link. I'll keep that in mind!

I shall be able to test this amp prior to shipping. Oh Ya!

LMAO...right on, man, enjoy!

Got these from the man himself tonight, and I can hardly wait for it to arrive! Damn, I'm a lucky guy!

Enjoy, everyone!

Congrats!! Welcome to the club!! What kind of Cab you gonna run it thru?

Well,

the amp went out for delivery today. It won't be long now. I just recently upgraded my recording set up at home, so I'm fairly sure that I'll be able to provide very high quality recordings, and possibly a video...if I can bear to have you all see my ugly mug.... lol

yeah, I was actually kinda bummed you didn't get to play it, but I think Mr. and Mrs. KBP probably both need a siesta after moving, working, and building amps in the last few weeks...a much deserved siesta!

Archived