Heritage Owners Club

KPB Amplification

Many members on here have purchased amps from KBP Amplification created by our very own, KPB810. I was talking to him about if he had a photo library or some sort of documentation of all the amps he created. He actually did not track most of his builds nor take photo's of them. So as a special tribute to our very modest and humble resident amp builder, perhaps we can show him a display of all the amps he has produced for us over the past couple years? While I no longer own one of his amps (by my own stupid mistake of not understanding the amp configuration and using a tone sucking stand), I do have a Fender Blues Jr. NOS with the BillM mod kit installed by Brian. Could the rest of you find or take your best pictures of his amps to share?

Soon as I get a decent camera, I'll get some pics of mine...I'm probably going to be quitting my band, so instead of buying a 100 ft snake as planned, I might get a decent camera instead..

Soon as I get a decent camera, I'll get some pics of mine...I'm probably going to be quitting my band, so instead of buying a 100 ft snake as planned, I might get a decent camera instead..

100' snakes are hard to come by unless you plan on raiding the local zoo.... :rolleyes:

cool thread. this is my christmas gift to self this year, if all goes well.

Could you guys include the basic rundown of your amp

for eg

112; 22 watt; modeled on xyz etc.

that way I know who to pepper with questions in a PM :icon_blackeye:

Guest HRB853370

cool thread. this is my christmas gift to self this year, if all goes well.

Could you guys include the basic rundown of your amp

for eg

112; 22 watt; modeled on xyz etc.

that way I know who to pepper with questions in a PM :icon_blackeye:

Mine is your basic Fender tweed circuit from 1957 I think? 12 Eminence speaker, 18 watts. You will have to ask KBP about the tubes, I already forget the types in there. Its a lovely amp, way different from my 22 watt Deluxe Reverb which is pretty clean. This one gets dirty real fast. I will let Shundog chime in about his, its identical sans the speaker he has.

Mine is a Vox AC-30 clone..Very Loud, Very Clean and VERY CHIMEY!!

Guest HRB853370

Mine is a Vox AC-30 clone..Very Loud, Very Clean and VERY CHIMEY!!

:this_thread_is_useless_without_ And you expect us to believe it without pics?

I'm the proud owner of a KBP810 GT-15 Reverb unit. This is the Ultra rare RG "offset model. The only one like it on Earth! She gives up that sweet, juicy touch I enjoy!

DSC_3887-b-sm.jpg

DSC_3880-b-sm.jpg

:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft: Thumbs up!

Guest HRB853370

I'm the proud owner of a KBP810 GT-15 Reverb unit. This is the Ultra rare RG "offset model. The only one like it on Earth! She gives up that sweet, juicy touch I enjoy!

DSC_3887-b-sm.jpg

DSC_3880-b-sm.jpg

:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft: Thumbs up!

But my Boss Fender '63 Reverb box is about 100th that size! Can you fit that on a pedal board?

But my Boss Fender '63 Reverb box is about 100th that size! Can you fit that on a pedal board?

Probably not, but there is a noticable difference between tube reverb and a digital effect. The GT-15 is a perfect compliment to go with 5E3. From my understanding, they share many of the same parts too.

Here's my little monster.

40wTweed6.jpg

40wTweed7.jpg

Currently I'm running it into a 12" Jenson MOD and a 12" Eminience Patriot, which are housed in a 1961 Cordovox accordion amp cabinet. It's beat up and there is no way to a head on top of it but I thought it looked really cool and got a good price. I set my head at arms reach and the speaker cab wherever I want. This tweed is about 40watts, so it can be really hard on the ears but man does it sound good. I don't know which is louder the Super with 4 tens or this one with the 2 12"s. I gig it and use it for band practice and me practice constantly, and not a single problem. Still very happy with it.

Oh the above pics are the ones Brian took for those of you that were paying attention. I've got a couple shots of it where it was in the background but haven't taken any pics otherwise.

You know... That amp Looks like Trouble.

Slammer - the volume of the amp is far outweighed by the tone.

I'm I allowed to play on this thread, or would that be a little self serving?

Oh well, I'm sure no one will mind so long as the 157 is in the shot!

My own Tweed Deluxe, followed by my own "non-offset" GT15 Reverb Unit

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

EPIC THREAD! Nice way to start my Sunday. Here's my KBP Stentorian....14-16 watt British monster with more clean headroom than should be allowed for a small watt amp. #putsmatchlesstoshame

I'm in love with this thing!

post-5571-0-98637400-1336309397_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I'm I allowed to play on this thread, or would that be a little self serving?

Oh well, I'm sure no one will mind so long as the 157 is in the shot!

My own Tweed Deluxe, followed by my own "non-offset" GT15 Reverb Unit

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Oh oh, there goes all the humility!! Jus kiddin Bri, you deserve to show off your goods! BTW, have I told you lately how much I love my Lil Tweed Deluxe?

The ability to do simple math and transfer those measurements on an already sanded and dovetailed top. The wood that wraps the cab is 1 single board, so the grain wraps around. I didn't want to loose that feature by creating a new top. Fortunately, for me, the unit fit even though I muffed up the drilling process by 1/2". Hence the "ultra rare" RH offset...

I'm just making lemonade.

The ability to do simple math and transfer those measurements on an already sanded and dovetailed top. The wood that wraps the cab is 1 single board, so the grain wraps around. I didn't want to loose that feature by creating a new top. Fortunately, for me, the unit fit even though I muffed up the drilling process by 1/2". Hence the "ultra rare" RH offset...

I'm just making lemonade.

Aaaah now I get it. I'm not much of a carpenter, it looks pretty good to me. On my mothers side of the family most of the men were carpenters, loggers or cabinet makers, some able to do some absolutely stunning work. While I have done some tree removals and seeding/planting, I can barely build a doghouse. Wish I would have inherited that talent but I'll settle for those first couple of chords my grandfather showed me, it was the beginning.

:this_thread_is_useless_without_ And you expect us to believe it without pics?

No Camera Dude Sorry..

Archived