Heritage Owners Club

Heritage amp schematics?

Hey I'm interested in looking at the various circuits Heritage used in their amps....the colonial particularily looks interesting, with the brit/US/tweed etc switches & what they do

are they out there anywhere?

Question, was Heritage Amplifiers a part of Heritage Guitar? I thought the name was just a coincidence.

Heritage Amplifiers of Tennessee was formed in January 2004 by Malcolm MacDonald and Lane Zastrow. Previously, Lane Zastrow was a partner in the L&M Corporation with Mike Holland, which built Holland Amplifiers. Lane decided to continue on his own with a new company, new design team, new products, and a new marketing strategy.

Lane became a sales rep for Gibson in '71, eventually became Executive VP of Sales and Marketing 'til he left & started Lasar Music Corp. in '86 and took on marketing for Heritage.

Heritage Amplifiers and Heritage Guitars are not affiliated in other than through both being marketed by Lane.

Thanks, I guess that means I was mostly right. Good info.

Yes, there was at least a marketing relationship between Heritage Guitars and Heritage Amplification of Tennesee. Zane Lastrow was the connection between the two. It's really a shame that it didn't work out longer than it did. But businesses come and go, especially when based on just a few individuals.

But hey, we've carped about Heritage Guitars not marketing themselves very aggressively over the years. Fortunately the are one of the survivors, even in a down economy. Now that says something to me!!

OP: Schematics were never available (AFAIK) for any of the Heritage amps. when I asked Paul C. about that, he said not to worry, any competent amp tech could service them, if needed.

so, e.g., the Colonial is a Tweed Bassman/JTM circuit, the diffs being a negative feedback control (MOOD), a patented switchable power supply (tube or solid-state rectifiers), user bias ports & pot, and a single input (vs. 4) with two blendable volume controls. otherwise, the circuit is Fender 5F6, basically. from that Paul got a nifty Bassman, a JTM45, a Plexi, and a Superbass array of sounds. swapping EL34s for KT66s or 5881s further helps achieve the desired sound. (& you can use other tubes, too :) )

Paul holds the patent for inventing the power supply

wudda great amp

Hey good to see you back Detroit, how goes the band?

The band is going quite well. We are adding even more songs, getting close to 60, but there is a lot of tightening up to do. Thankfully, many blues numbers sound similar from a rhythmic sense...

Archived