Heritage Owners Club

Got me a bad, bad feeling.

davesultra

Gotta' take my '11 H-150 VSB in to get it checked out. Thinking it might need some major neck work. Went to put some relief in the neck, only to find the nut is maxed-out. Laying my flat-edge on the frets, I found it's straight as an arrow with no uneven frets. Again, the perils of buying form fleabay. However, I'm hoping to get good news. Keeping my fingers crossed. :unsure:

Isnt a straight neck a good thang?

Most of the time, yes. I like to have lil' bit of relief as I do big bends. Right now I'm getting too much buzz, even on open strings. The nut slots do appear to be cut to the correct depth.

Guest HRB853370

Most of the time, yes. I like to have lil' bit of relief as I do big bends. Right now I'm getting too much buzz, even on open strings. The nut slots do appear to be cut to the correct depth.

And you tried turning your t/r nut counterclockwise a little bit and still buzzes?

My 535 seems to have the truss rod screw floating around in the pocket but it is set at the relief angle I like. I use a lot of relief. If it were not right I would have to get it fixed or sell it on Ebay...... just kidding about the Ebay thing.

How the hell somebody can bend a string on a flat fretboard is beyond me. I also like the action high.

I see that your around here in Detroit. I know a good luthier that might be able to help.

I'm open to recomendations! If you don't mind, please PM me. I'd like to hear who you have in mind. This whole thing is starting to bum me out big time. Especially seing as this fiddle is not even a year old.

Have you called Heritage?

I know the warranty's only good for the original purchaser, but the guitar may not even be a year old and they may be able to help. If you're in Michigan you're likely withing a few hours of Parson St.

Worth a phone call, I think.

I 2nd putting heavy strings on to see if that helps...what is on there now?

10-46 Regular slinkys. Don't know if I can handle going with any heavier, but I may give it a whirl.

I have put 13s on a guitar before. Make sure you completely loosen the truss nut and let it set for 24 hrs. The downfall to a heat block is that it could crack the inlays. If the 13s don't work then you may have to resort to the heat treatment?

I second Brent's suggestion, but I'd leave it in the case for several days. Some necks are very changeable with the weather and seasons. Most of my guitars shift around, some quite a bit. This time of year the tendency to backbow is a problem--probably the moisture that gets absorbed from the air.

I have the exact same problem on my H-150CM. The truss rod nut is only finger tight (can't loosen it further), and I still cannot get enough relief. I've tuned up to F and even F# to try and get it to move, but it didn't work. I've also tried getting rid of some of the humidity. Humidity can swell the fretboard, pushing the neck back into a bow (according to the tech who attempted to set up the guitar). I emailed Heritage, and they instructed me to call them to talk about sending it back to the factory. I haven't had the time yet to get up early to speak with them and possibly send it in. As soon as I do, I will update you with what happens.

I have put 13s on a guitar before. Make sure you completely loosen the truss nut and let it set for 24 hrs. The downfall to a heat block is that it could crack the inlays. If the 13s don't work then you may have to resort to the heat treatment?

I'm hoping to not have to get it heat pressed/treated, as I've had 2 past guitars heat pressed. Neither one was successful in the long term.

Archived