Heritage Owners Club

starting to take shape

big bob

Well an update is in order. As some of you guys know Ive been waiting a long time for the chassis to come in for my champ build. It finally made it here. first thing I did was dry fit all the parts only to realize the risers on the turret board did not mach up with the chassis. Oh well, I re drilled the turret board with all the components on it and now it fits. Next thing was to drill an extra hole for the output impedance selector. then sand and prime the chassis. next I started on the head cab by gluing up some maple 1x2's with a center strip of red ceder. Next will be a base coat of white pearl then a coat of daphine blue for the chassis and a nice amber shellac/ nitro finish for the cab. Should have a nice classic jazzmaster vibe when all is said and done.

More later.

five074.jpg

five073.jpg

I haven't seen a pair of hemostats since the 70's. Might come in handy nowadays for those Cuban cigars that are good to the last drop!

It seems like it takes you a long while to complete these tasks. Then again, I've never watched you do anything half-fast! :wacko:

Hemostats? You mean the roach cl ..... uh, yeah. Haven't seen those in a long time ........... :laughing7:

When I read the title of the thread, first thing came to mind was, "yeah, I'm taking shape, too. Donut shape". Argh!!!

I see your stats have the ever popular "anti lock" modification, for this application the lock might have actually been handy! :icon_rr:

the more I look at this, the more I wonder how you are going to have the cabinet and chasis laid out? At the moment, it appears you plan on having the transformer stick out, not hidden within like most other amp builds. Just trying to figure out the big picture...

Did you shoot the wood with nitro? Beautiful finish!

I haven't seen one of these amps since the backstage experience at Woodstock.

Is there any chance of getting on her dance card at PSP? Will she be making it to PSP V?

Did you shoot the wood with nitro? Beautiful finish!

I haven't seen one of these amps since the backstage experience at Woodstock.

Is there any chance of getting on her dance card at PSP? Will she be making it to PSP V?

Yes I did shoot the wood with nitro...

and yes I hope to have her at pspV...

Archived