Heritage Owners Club

Help deciding between an H530 and an H535

jraad

Hi everyone! First time post here and I've been looking at getting either an H530 or an H535. I was lucky enough to try out the H530 at GC Canton yesterday and it was great, but at the same time, I played a H535 the day before and it was absolutely fantastic. Both are amazing guitars but I'm a little worried about the versatility issue that has been mentioned in other threads.

Now, I love single coils which is why I lean more towards the H530 with P90's but I also know the Heritage humbuckers sound really great. I also like full hollow, but I'm worried about the possibility of unmanageable feedback. I play alternative/surf music and love to play jazz and blues as well. Which do you guys think is going to cover me the best? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm so conflicted!

Ahh... to chose between two great choices. You can't lose either way.

I'd think about what kind of music you're intending to play on these, and decide if a hollow w/ P-90s is the tone ... or do you feel that a semi hollow with buckers would be more manageable.

I'd have trouble deciding , but would probably go for the 530, because it is the more unique tone compared to my other guitars..

I'd say the 535 is a slightly more versatile guitar if only because the centre block gives a bit more feedback resistance.

And you can can always load it with humbucker-sized P90s like the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat. I'm a convert :)

e6640084.jpg

I'd say the 535 is a slightly more versatile guitar if only because the centre block gives a bit more feedback resistance.

And you can can always load it with humbucker-sized P90s like the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat. I'm a convert :)

e6640084.jpg

Or go with Duncan P-Rails

DSCF0720.jpg

i prefer the 530 because it's considerably lighter and therefore easier on the back for longer episodes of playing I have not had any feedback problems playing at moderate volumes with drums, bass, etc. Also, if you're into blues and rockabilly, the TV Jones Classics are worth checking out. I really like the way they sound in my 530.

Hi everyone! First time post here and I've been looking at getting either an H530 or an H535. I was lucky enough to try out the H530 at GC Canton yesterday and it was great, but at the same time, I played a H535 the day before and it was absolutely fantastic. Both are amazing guitars but I'm a little worried about the versatility issue that has been mentioned in other threads.

Now, I love single coils which is why I lean more towards the H530 with P90's but I also know the Heritage humbuckers sound really great. I also like full hollow, but I'm worried about the possibility of unmanageable feedback. I play alternative/surf music and love to play jazz and blues as well. Which do you guys think is going to cover me the best? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm so conflicted!

I've played the very same 530 at Canton myself. It was a great guitar, but I rather prefer a semi-hollow body myself. Plus for what Canton is charging, you can find a new 535 for near the same price. I've the tone of the 530 but 535's are great too if you are playing blues or blues-rock stuff. I believe with Jazz, you'd want more mellow tones of humbuckers over the bite of p90's....

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm gonna go with a 535. Its gonna cover more of what I wanna do.

I've played the very same 530 at Canton myself. It was a great guitar, but I rather prefer a semi-hollow body myself. Plus for what Canton is charging, you can find a new 535 for near the same price. I've the tone of the 530 but 535's are great too if you are playing blues or blues-rock stuff. I believe with Jazz, you'd want more mellow tones of humbuckers over the bite of p90's....

Yeah I tried to see how much I could talk it down and they wouldn't go under two grand. Which is way too much for a used one, even in pristine condition.

as a 530 owner, i think you made the right call. 530 does what it does in exemplary fashion but 535 is (probably) more versatile. i own a gib 335 but not a 535 so that's my perspective. put the 530 on your someday list. eljay

as a 530 owner, i think you made the right call. 530 does what it does in exemplary fashion but 535 is (probably) more versatile. i own a gib 335 but not a 535 so that's my perspective. put the 530 on your someday list. eljay

I agree as another 530 owner. The 530's limitation is that the P90 is darn near a permanent part of the guitar, whereas with a 535 you have a ton of available pickup and tonal options.

Archived