Heritage Owners Club

Anatomy of the partial center block/HRW 4 point mount

MartyGrass

Here's the H576, a 2 3/4" body with a floating center block. This block is substantial, as you can see. It protects against feedback and allows the bridge and tailpiece mount on the top.

The HRW 4 point mount system is designed for archtops. It mounts the pickup ring on 4 washers and minimizes the contact with the sound board. This might make sense in a guitar without a center block but is like udders on a duck in the H576. I took them off and saved them. This dropped the pickup ring slightly and allowed me to have more height adjustment of the pickup, especially the neck.

The last two shots show the Heritage signatures and the binding yellowing and patina of a 21 year old guitar.

P1010002.jpgP1010010.jpgP1010011.jpgP1010012.jpgP1010013.jpgP1010014.jpgP1010018.jpgP1010019.jpg?t=1343302149

I dinked around using an amp and the steel round wound 10s that came with it last night. It sounded fine with HRWs. But the strings were very old, which may account for the lack of ice pick brightness from the bridge pup.

I could easily exceed the volume that would cause feedback in my conventional archtops and Gretsches.

I put a Schaller bridge on it and strung it with LaBella flatwound 11s. I haven't plugged it in yet.

The action is very low without buzzing. The feel of the guitar is very comfortable.

Tonight I'll plug it in.

Gonna give HRWs another round?

I'll give em a shot again.

Some love em and some can't get along with them.

I wonder if Heritage is going to continue to offer them. I haven't heard anything for a while.

I have to think that if enough folks wanted them, Heritage would come up with a plan to make them.

Which raises another question: why did they stop making the H576? The short answer must be that they didn't sell enough.

I\'ll give em a shot again.

Some love em and some can\'t get along with them.

I wonder if Heritage is going to continue to offer them. I haven\'t heard anything for a while.

I have to think that if enough folks wanted them' date=' Heritage would come up with a plan to make them.

Which raises another question: why did they stop making the H576? The short answer must be that they didn\'t sell enough.[/quote']

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can still order them.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Archived