Heritage Owners Club

Pedalboard: the Board itself

fxdx99

Thinking about... maybe... possibly... getting a few other pedals, which would then follow that I'd want to have a board/power/bag(case) with which to keep them ordered. Desire something light, compact, room for 4 to 5 'normal' size pedals.

What's a good option?

I like the SKB, but with the Voodo Labs Pedal Power or the Dunlop DC brick, those power supplies offer isolated power to each pedal so a spike won't cause a surge into the other pedals... Like what my crybaby did to my delay...

I use two Furman units in my guitar rigs, so clean, stable power is not a problem. Spikes are simply not going to happen.

Any piece of wood that the pedals I might want to use that night fit on.

I keep a selection of planks handy.

I did make my own board with case about 20-28yrs ago that cost about $10-20 inc handle, hinges and latches. Ive modified it a little over the years.

I found this in the shed when I was cleaning up. Its an off cut of the pelmet off an automatic door.

Its going to make a great peadl board.

Commercial aluminium window/ door/ maker/joiner/fitter should have stuff like this in the scrap bin. Offer them some $$ above recycle prices.

I use two Furman units in my guitar rigs, so clean, stable power is not a problem. Spikes are simply not going to happen.

I use a one spot power supply... While adjust the pot on my wah pedal, when I plugged it back in, the sudden surge caused my boss DD3 to stop working. It has nothing to do with the power from the wall. My power supply to the rig itself is a furman power supply... Doesn't do anything to protect the power supply coming off of it...

I really like my Gator, it includes the power supply, board, and carry bag, but I'm not sure the 110 connection is sturdy enough for gigging.

http://www.musicians...-with-carry-bag

I can't recommend this one enough Randy!!! It has it's own case, power supply, and you can just zip open and rock!!! One of the best guitar related purchases I have made. I actually have a smaller pedal board but this one is so quick to use (unzip and play, you don't even need to take it out of the case) that it is all I use.

I like the SKB, but with the Voodo Labs Pedal Power or the Dunlop DC brick, those power supplies offer isolated power to each pedal so a spike won't cause a surge into the other pedals... Like what my crybaby did to my delay...

The DC Brick's inputs are not isolated. It's like one huge walwart in a compact package. :-) Here's a funny deal - I use a One Spot to power my DC Brick. Lost the Dunlop PS years ago.

I'm a PedalTrain fan. I have two - the Jr and the PTII. GuitarDenter has their own version (PT1C) that comes in a harshell. Pretty good deal. Then just run a One Spot.

I can't recommend this one enough Randy!!! It has it's own case, power supply, and you can just zip open and rock!!! One of the best guitar related purchases I have made. I actually have a smaller pedal board but this one is so quick to use (unzip and play, you don't even need to take it out of the case) that it is all I use.

+1

the Gator wasn't my first choice, but then I found one on craigslist for a good price and bit on it. I love it for all the reasons Kuz mentions. And built like a tank.

Archived