Heritage Owners Club

Pics of my newest Heritage....

FredZepp

Guest HRB853370

Thanks.. The JB pickup is a Jeff Beck model by Seymour Duncan. It's a popular combination to put a JB in the bridge and a '59 at the neck for guitars to play rock ... the JB is a hot humbucker so it really rocks, but is not a one trick pony either.

Thats interesting-especially in light of the fact that Beck plays Strats with Noiseless pickups!!!

Those pics are just killing me!

Guest HRB853370

That top is insane! If I'm not mistaken, this is the guitar Brent used to make his polishing how-to video. If so, it definitely validates his approach.

I like the creme/dbl black approach too. Original!

Enjoy.

Where do we find this video? It it G rated or R rated?

Thats interesting-especially in light of the fact that Beck plays Strats with Noiseless pickups!!!

But , of course, one of Jeff Beck's most famous of instruments was the Tele with 2 humbuckers built for him by Seymour Duncan himself....

But , of course, one of Jeff Beck's most famous of instruments was the Tele with 2 humbuckers built for him by Seymour Duncan himself....

AND, he played LPs for a period, as well. During this time, he said Fenders just didn't feel durable enough to him, like he would break them or something. It's hard to imagine him without a Strat these days, though.

Guest HRB853370

AND, he played LPs for a period, as well. During this time, he said Fenders just didn't feel durable enough to him, like he would break them or something. It's hard to imagine him without a Strat these days, though.

Well aware of both points, but its weird that they have a pickup called a JB when he is most famous for his Strats with single coils.

Well aware of both points, but its weird that they have a pickup called a JB when he is most famous for his Strats with single coils.

So is Clapton, but it didn't stop Gibson from making the "Beano" Les Paul or a signature ES335, not to mention Martins signature accostic either...

Thanks.. The JB pickup is a Jeff Beck model by Seymour Duncan. It's a popular combination to put a JB in the bridge and a '59 at the neck for guitars to play rock ... the JB is a hot humbucker so it really rocks, but is not a one trick pony either.

It's a great pickup combo, works really well, that's what was in my ESP.

I remember that one, that's the one Brent did the demo of his cleaning/buffing technique. Monster top on that one I would love to have gotten it.

He didn't always, early on he used different guitars. I read the story on the JB by Seymour years ago, Seymour wound a couple and took to Beck to try, I don't know if he has ever used a guitar that had the pickups in it but that is how the pickup came to be. Seymour felt like it would be perfect for Jeff Beck and called it the JB.

I don't know if Seymour can use Beck's actual name in marketing that pickup? thus the JB moniker which is commonly interpreted as "Jazz Bridge"

kind of like the EVH ( Evenly Voiced Harmonics ) he makes too

Guest HRB853370

I don't know if Seymour can use Beck's actual name in marketing that pickup? thus the JB moniker which is commonly interpreted as "Jazz Bridge"

kind of like the EVH ( Evenly Voiced Harmonics ) he makes too

I dunno. I still think they are Joe Bonnamassas.

Very nice! Happy Cherry Blossom time. How do you like the JB ?

I like it.. I've played it through a couple of amps so far, I like the power that it has.

I'm learning how to get the right blend with the 59 in the middle position... but this guitar rocks no matter where the toggle is.

I'll try it with my more usual amps tomorrow, I haven't really tried quieter tones on it much.. so far I've ended up cranking it up every time and that's ok too. :toothy5:

Nice one Fred and I like the modifications including the pickguard. Have fun...

Archived