Heritage Owners Club

Please critique this finish. Is it right?

MartyGrass

MG

Looking at the photos, it appears that it might be that area between the tailpiece and the neck pickup is a bit less yellow than the bottom. That part looks more "pink" than at the base. It might also be a bit of tricky lighting. Unless you get the guitar live, there's little way to know for sure.

In any case, I wouldn't have a problem strapping that guitar on and playing it anywhere. I wouldn't even need the tutu!

100_0560.jpg?t=1345477697

Sounds like it might have been done that way based on the reply. I have never seen another like it . Epiphone did an Elitist Les Paul in a pink sunburst, but I kinda like the hidden pink this one has. It would be a cool, unique piece to snag and it has a pretty impressive flame top to go with it.

It's not unique. I'm thinking I'll sport this ax whilst Millennium Maestro does his best Cheech tribute

Face.jpg

You're welcome to join MG and invite all other pink guitars...

Looks like the band is nearly complete. If only we could find a pink Tele

Skydog52 - the two 150s look like cousins. We ought to get them together sometime.

Maybe it was a custom order by Kuz and he decided there wasn't enough pink in it... Worse case, you can always get it refinished! :icon_thumleft:

You are correct. That would be worst case. Even I haven't sunk so low that I would buy a new guitar with the intention of refinishing it.

Well, WTF! It's on its way back to Kalamazoo. Just bought it.

Maybe it'll make it to PSP VI. Then the Heritage guys can explain the finishes on both of these H157s I just bought.

BTW, they arrived at the dealer's in the same shipment and are both H157 Classics. I think they are litter mates. It looks like the same guy sprayed both of them anyway. There is a strong family resemblance.

I still have a couple of hurdles to make this a smooth landing. The first is to justify the purchase to myself. That's kinda tough but I'm thinking maybe I needed the second H157 so I could have one with a different type of pickup, maybe Phat Cats.

The second hurdle is explaining this to my wife. The need for a H157 with single coils won't work on her. I think this is mission impossible here.

P1010012.jpg?t=1345085607

100_0553.jpg

Archived