Heritage Owners Club

Enjoy the while you can...

What do you mean? Brian has retired? After all the experience and name recognition he acquired over the years? What's the story?

That doesn't sound good.

Guest HRB853370

He has some really good reasons..

And you were the first to know? Will a public service announcement be made? Maybe he got "bought out" by one of the big players in the industry and he can retire on a yacht on Lake Michigan?

With a thread title like that, you could get a gig translating those Asian product labels into "engrish"

:) :) :)

I was laughing so heard my wife had to know what was wrong with me!

I'm a kind of sorry to hear it, but I always kind of got the idea he felt like it was a hobby that had become a little bit of a burden, and I'm really glad I had the opportunity to buy one, which has started me on an adventure learning more about amp circuits, and I now fully intend to build one myself.

I've said this a lot but,

Thanks Brian, your the man.

Hi all, I wasn't expecting for my main marketing hype man to issue this as an official HOC press release, LOL

There is, however, an element of truth to this - I've just gotten a bit burned out as of late ("bit" being a bit of an understatment!). I have a full time job that can be fairly demanding and trying at times, and then my typical workday ends with coming straight home to warm up the soldering iron. Don't get the wrong idea here though, it has been a great pleasure to of had the opportunity to have built amps for my fellow HOC'ers (and those not of the HOC as well), and am incredibly grateful for all the encouragment, kind words, and well wishes along the way; but there are two things that I said long ago that I continue to stand by: #1 that if it ever stopped being fun and started feeling like work, then it was time to put away the soldering iron; and #2 that I could never bring myself to profit from the HOC or HOC'ers - it's not cheap to build amps and there is a lot of work involved, add to that the costs of doing business along with the costs of follow up maintainence, and you have just about the worlds worst business model! To build on that, I'm not a business man and building amps was never a business for me; it was a hobby, and something that I did truly enjoy. It's a satisfying feeling to know you can take a bunch of parts, put them together, and come up with something that makes wonderful sounding noise... it's a whole 'nother thing to be able to do that and be able to share your creation with others.

So for me right now it's time to get back to working on my own personal hobbies; like picking up the soldering iron less and picking up my guitar more.... and of course sailing around Lake Erie on my giant yacht :icon_salut:

You are a class act, Perry; and a hell of an amp builder, too! I'm proud to say I've got a KBP810 Amplification unit! Thanks again for everything, maybe I'll have some money saved up by the time you ever get the itch again to commission you to build one of those other classic designs we had talked about. Best of luck in whatever your future endeavors involve, buddy!

Guest HRB853370

I hate the auto correct sometimes... Wish we could edit titles as well as posts...

The price you pay for using technology. Blame it on technology. Blame it on technology. When todays 3rd graders cant do basic math because their computers and Ipads do it all for them, we are in trouble. I still use my old typewriter to type letters and correspondence, to hell with WORD. Do your kids even know what a typewriter is?

post-2130-0-32766700-1351305202_thumb.png

The price you pay for using technology. Blame it on technology. Blame it on technology. When todays 3rd graders cant do basic math because their computers and Ipads do it all for them, we are in trouble. I still use my old typewriter to type letters and correspondence, to hell with WORD. Do your kids even know what a typewriter is?

Yet, you don't know how to use google?

Guest HRB853370

my dreams have just been shattered. I missed the train. I hope in the future you'll start building wonderful amps again Brian

Gio, now dont make the guy feel bad! We knew his amps would be a limited production run. I could always sell you mine if the price is right!

I'm honored to say that I have one of Brian's last builds. But Brian, I don't blame you at all. When the hobby becomes another job it may be time to let it go. Thank you for all of your help with my project. Maybe we'll see you around here more. Best of luck with whatever you do.

Guest HRB853370

I'm honored to say that I have one of Brian's last builds. But Brian, I don't blame you at all. When the hobby becomes another job it may be time to let it go. Thank you for all of your help with my project. Maybe we'll see you around here more. Best of luck with whatever you do.

I am honored that mine was being built the same time Brian's (Shundog) was being built, so the guy is really dedicated to what he does. His kindness about keeping the prices at or near his cost for the HOC community speaks volumes about what kind of person he is.

Archived