Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Coffee Table Book ... I got mine...

FredZepp

So I received my Heritage Book a couple of days ago and it is as expected.... a fine tribute to the gang at K-zoo. Thank you for putting this together , Victor.

It was packaged well and arrived in perfect condition. Mine is the hardcover version offered for a few bucks more.
Many here will have seen the photos before, as Victor shared them with us after attending the PSP event, but there is something about holding a book that is different from seeing it on a computer monitor. The paper stock used seems to be of a really good quality.
It is a great way to relive those moments spent at the Parsons Street Plant if you've attended a PSP event, or to experience some of the visual aspects of what it is like to spend some time in the old historic Parsons Street Plant. You can almost smell the sawdust and hear those old machines droning , as they have for so many years.

With this being such a small volume printing , we'd expect to pay a bit of a premium to have something like this done. But the book is of a very nice quality and I'm pleased with the purchase... it is as nice as I'd expected.

There is almost no writing in the book , it is a photo essay of the plant at that moment in time and of the people working there. It turned out so well that it makes you imagine the different Heritage topics that could be covered in this quality format. ( I like to think of a Centurion book... for obvious reasons.. )

It's not an inexpensive book, but the results are very enjoyable to those of us that have an admiration for the fine people at Heritage and the infamous Plant that they operate even to this day. I can imagine that it was a lot of work , a labor of love, and thanks go to Victor for this fine result of his efforts.

The link to the book has a preview that shows every page... so you know what to expect. http://www.blurb.com/books/3614926 <<<<< LINK

3928976-129fbec1b92119a8783c128fd0cae670

042.JPG040.JPG
041.JPG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

I received my copy 2 days ago. I' m thinking that getting it signed would be a Fab idea.

OK, send it over to me and I would be happy to sign it for you!

So I received my Heritage Book a couple of days ago and it is as expected.... a fine tribute to the gang at K-zoo. Thank you for putting this together , Victor.

It was packaged well and arrived in perfect condition. Mine is the hardcover version offered for a few bucks more.

Many here will have seen the photos before, as Victor shared them with us after attending the PSP event, but there is something about holding a book that is different from seeing it on a computer monitor. The paper stock used seems to be of a really good quality.

It is a great way to relive those moments spent at the Parsons Street Plant if you've attended a PSP event, or to experience some of the visual aspects of what it is like to spend some time in the old historic Parsons Street Plant. You can almost smell the sawdust and hear those old machines droning , as they have for so many years.

With this being such a small volume printing , we'd expect to pay a bit of a premium to have something like this done. But the book is of a very nice quality and I'm pleased with the purchase... it is as nice as I'd expected.

There is almost no writing in the book , it is a photo essay of the plant at that moment in time and of the people working there. It turned out so well that it makes you imagine the different Heritage topics that could be covered in this quality format. ( I like to think of a Centurion book... for obvious reasons.. )

It's not an inexpensive book, but the results are very enjoyable to those of us that have an admiration for the fine people at Heritage and the infamous Plant that they operate even to this day. I can imagine that it was a lot of work , a labor of love, and thanks go to Victor for this fine result of his efforts.

The link to the book has a preview that shows every page... so you know what to expect. http://www.blurb.com/books/3614926 <<<<< LINK

3928976-129fbec1b92119a8783c128fd0cae670.jpg?20121121011332

042.JPG040.JPG

041.JPG

Thanks for the review Fred. Your description is spot on to what I was trying to achieve with it. Quite simply, a photo essay that pays tribute to Heritage showing both the people and processess behind the company. There is more that I wanted to write, but I did not feel that I had enough information to tell the story I wanted to tell about Heritage. Maybe I will look into that in the future. This has been quite a personally satisfying project for me and I'm happy to have the opportunity to share it with the rest of this group.

Unfortunately, due to the per order printing of the book, it is not a cheap book, I agree. That is why I included a full preview in the link, so everyone would know exactly what they were getting before they ordered. I firmly believe that a picture is not a picture until you can hold it in your hands.

I'm so glad you like the book. Thank you.

Me too. It's a beauty! It's on my coffee table as we speak.

Thank you very much.

I received my copy 2 days ago. I' m thinking that getting it signed would be a Fab idea.

I would be honored to do so, that is if it is me you wanted to sign it. I actually want all the employees to autograph my copy!

I ordered a copy yesterday and can't wait to get it. An early Christmas present cause I've been extra good this year!

I hope you enjoy it! I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

For anyone interested in buying the book, if you use the code "GIVE10" you will receive $10 off.

The small print for the offer is: *Offer valid through December 12, 2012 (11:59 p.m. local time). Valid for printed books only. A $10 discount is applied to your product total with a minimum purchase of $50. This offer is good for one-time use, and cannot be combined with volume discounts, other promotional codes, gift cards, or used for adjustments on previous orders.*

Thanks again everybody!

Getting all of the employees to sign? That's a great idea! I wonder if the owners would be receptive to coordinating something like that. It would take some staff time depending on the number of requests.

Getting all of the employees to sign? That's a great idea! I wonder if the owners would be receptive to coordinating something like that. It would take some staff time depending on the number of requests.

I just figured I'd bring it to the next PSP with a sharpie.

FYI - if you were considering giving this book as a gift for Christmas, the deadline for ordering for delivery by 12/24 is 12/10.

Also, "GIVE10" is still a valid coupon code to receive $10 off until 12/12.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased a book. I hope you are enjoying it.

Victor

Archived