Heritage Owners Club

H 157 Silverburst

brentrocks

I wasn't making fun of him or the number of SilverBursts he has owned, I was just curious if this was the 6th or 7th he has done.

Maybe he doesn't want to tell. :cray_mini2:

LMAO......

i think its the 4th one?

This one was started for me, you see. Jack had a BB H 157 at Pete Moreno's a while back and had Pete strip the top. Jack decided he didnt want to carry on with the project and sold it to me. So there i had a black H 157 with a bare wood top.....of course i'm gonna do a silverburst on it :icon_smile:

I know its wierd that i have done so many of these....but its fun

LMAO......

i think its the 4th one?

This one was started for me, you see. Jack had a BB H 157 at Pete Moreno's a while back and had Pete strip the top. Jack decided he didnt want to carry on with the project and sold it to me. So there i had a black H 157 with a bare wood top.....of course i'm gonna do a silverburst on it :icon_smile:

I know its wierd that i have done so many of these....but its fun

See I knew you weren't just trying to rid the planet of Black Beauty's single handed. :icon_santa:

Would it be safe to say that in each of these refinish cases, that the appearance of the wood grain was not particularly interesting enough to be worthy of applying a translucent finish in order to show off the natural wood grain?

there was some decent flame, but the bookmatch was off centered

I'd take that wood grain! May not be perfect, but isn't that the point? Nature doesn't have to give us perfection to be beautiful!

the next time you have a H 157 BB, you are more than welcome to do with it what you want

It had an awesome tight ribbon flame if I remember correctly, Schundog has a pic that will refresh my brain!

it wasnt what i would call a monster top...when pete wiped it with some napfta, i didnt think it was that spactacular

Brent, I think you made an average guitar a great one. People often say they like plain or unique tops, until it is time to buy one. The flame/quilt bodies always sell better. I have never read where some one said, "Man, just look at the beautiful lack of flame in that off center seam guitar!"

Well, done on the Silverburst!!!

I decided to put the covers back on the SHAWs today....looks a lot better

silver1.jpg

It DEFINITELY looks 1000% better. My question is how did you put the covers back on? Don't they usually use some wax or other material to seal the seams so they don't SQUEAL?

Archived