Heritage Owners Club

Tell me where to stick my HRWs!

Number8

Dear HOC -

I just scored a pair of HRWs and now I need a place to stick them :icon_smile:. Soooo, here are my candidates:

1) Fender '72 Thinline Reissue (MIM): http://chicago.craig...3452247764.html

2) Gibson SG: http://chicago.craig...3464875569.html

3) Gibson V: http://chicago.craig...3464638887.html

4) Something else: Share your ideas!

I am partial to the Fender Thinline but I'm sure that one will present the most problems with the hook-up.

I might prefer the V to the SG but the SG will more easily allow me to meet my STRICT budget limit of $500 on this project.

If you have anything for sale that might fit the bill please let me know. Obviously it can be something without pickups (and I hope that will save me some scratch).

Best -

My H140 would be a good storage place, or the Mille if they are gold.

I know you're kidding but that got me thinking: Does anyone have any Heritage castoffs, bodies with no pickups...anything I could work with here?

A few people on this forum, myself included, don't care much for the sound from the bridge HRW.

A while back I posed a question: I wonder whether the bridge HRW would sound as good as the neck HRW if it were installed at the neck.

Now's the chance to find out...

Guest HRB853370

Not really, we don't treat them like stratocasters and have miscellaneous bodies and necks lying around...

I beg your pardon; Brent usually does!

Man, if you're gonna throw out the straight lines, expect to be bombarded.

I'll tell you where to put 'em!

In the Prospect, of course.

Is your handle your real name? First name Num and last Ber8. If so, do you have a brother named Cele?

My first Stei, last Ner. I have a brother named Nee :icon_pirat:

:hijacked:

I've read a few times that people don't like the sound of the bridge pickup. Is it because of the brightness? If so, THAT might be a place where a change in the tone capacitor value for that pickup might give some positive result.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

:hijacked:

I've read a few times that people don't like the sound of the bridge pickup. Is it because of the brightness? If so, THAT might be a place where a change in the tone capacitor value for that pickup might give some positive result.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Not hijacking at all. This is an experimental project. I am accepting any and all guidance on how to go about this.

I am going to recruit Kidsmoke, Punkitty and GPuma as consultants on this too.

Ha. Just trying to get your attention there Mr. Ner...may I call you Bo?

That's my Uncle. He's a cop, a real dick.

I wonder if the bridge PU doesn't have enough bite for others. I agree with TR if it were too bright. I quite enjoy mine, often.

The pickups would sound outstanding in your Prospect. I've got a set in my 535, and a Millie that's also loaded with HRWs. They're articulate, and creamy played clean and can really rock with gain. They sound a bit more open in the 535 than the Millie -I guess I'd expect that given the construction.

Everyone seems to have an opinion about bridge pickup. How they sound to your ears are what matters. But if I'd just paid $250 for a set of pickups, I'd want to hear them, and the Prospect is just the type of guitar they're likely to sound best in.

By the way, I really like the bridge played singly, dialed all the way up with lots of gain when playing some old Clapton stuff. I think the bridge HRW nails it for "All your love" on the Bluesbreaker album. It's also great for the version of "Crossroad Blues (Crossroads)" he did with Cream. Just saying that the pickups are very versatile; you can play them individually or blend to get a wide range of tones.

Dear HOC -

I just scored a pair of HRWs and now I need a place to stick them :icon_smile:.

I think the safest bet is a hollow or semi hollow body (a few people mentioned a Prospect) but I would be curious about the V or the SG since all my guitars are solid bodies.

Archived