Heritage Owners Club

How's the Honeymoon going?

Gitfiddler

Now that another Valentine's Day is in the books, thoughts of romance and honeymoons came to my mind. And of course, guitars were on my mind as well. Combining those two ideas made me think about how I feel each time I pick up a Heritage guitar, look at it with admiration and desire, then hold it close for a nice session together.

How many times have we seen folks put their Heritage up for sale, only to pull it back in short order, taking it off the market. They can't break up the relationship!!

It seems that the honeymoon period of guitar ownership lasts a lot longer with these Heritage gits than with others that are more 'love em and leave em'.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

I feel very similarly about my Heritage, for several reasons. Not only is it a great guitar, but production is limited by comparison to say Fender or Gibson so they're more scarce.

The founders of the company are still involved in making the guitars, which is cool, in fact the entire history of Heritage guitars is cool.

Heritage is a relatively small company, making semi-custom and true custom guitars, so each one is special.

Although many guitar makers have forums like this, there seems to be a closer relationship with Heritage, people on this forum actually know the guys at Heritage. Heritage even donates a guitar to the PSP event.

I think all of these things create a stronger connection between the owners and players of Heritage guitars and the company. I recently acquired a Telecaster, and it's cool, but I'm not emotionally attached to it in the same way as my Heritage, it's far more easily replaced.

535's still the best instrument I('ve ever) own(ed). The super Super is an unadulterated joy to play and never fails to elicit compliments. And I'm working on a review of a guitar spec'd by my teacher, built by a local luthier, and A/B'd against my 20th Anniversary 150. I haven't talked about that one much here, but it is excellent in every respect, and sets a high standard for solid body electrics! Just thrilled with that trio. None of them will be going anywhere!

I'm going on 4 years with my 555. I was thinking this week that I'm still getting to know it and becoming more attached to it over time.

Horace

You have amazing timing with this post. I have a H137 up for sale and I'm continuously having second thoughts. I'm actually thinking about raising the price the longer it sits on the market.

(I have an Eagle for sale too, but that one truly has to go because I bought the exact same guitar, except that it's newer and more to my preferred dimensions.)

I feel very similarly about my Heritage, for several reasons. Not only is it a great guitar, but production is limited by comparison to say Fender or Gibson so they're more scarce. The founders of the company are still involved in making the guitars, which is cool, in fact the entire history of Heritage guitars is cool. Heritage is a relatively small company, making semi-custom and true custom guitars, so each one is special. Although many guitar makers have forums like this, there seems to be a closer relationship with Heritage, people on this forum actually know the guys at Heritage. Heritage even donates a guitar to the PSP event. I think all of these things create a stronger connection between the owners and players of Heritage guitars and the company. I recently acquired a Telecaster, and it's cool, but I'm not emotionally attached to it in the same way as my Heritage, it's far more easily replaced.

Ditto, and for me I live less than an hour away from the factory. I was born in Michigan still live here and proud of the history

I'll agree with No. 8 on the point of timing.....as I'm going through a kind of crisis. I still love my Heritages, and appreciate their beauty and workmanship, but am discovering that my ears prefer the sound of strats and tele's more. There's something about the parts of the tonal spectrum that the singles hit that tickle my fancy more than the Heritages do, at this point in time. I'm coming down on the side of American-voiced amps, and single coils. Fender guitar-to-fender-amp kind of gal. I still love the 150 and 535 . . .don't know what I'll end up doing with the 137, but nothing's getting sold for now, just because. I consider the Heritages great guitars and if I long for a fat-sounding guitar with natural good sustain, I've got them in my tool chest.

I've been infatuated with the new to me PRS Mira I bought a little over a week ago from RS. It's a very fine, fun rock n' roll machine. Today I Pulled my H150 Deluxe off the wall and played it through the Guytron A & B channel, then the H535 throgh it and then through the KBP810 RD and became re-infatuated with them. The G&L Legacy hangs forlornly on the wall as does the Millie. Their turn is coming as I cycle through my harem.

None of them are going anywhere.-especially the Heritages.

In 4 months, I acquired 5 guitars, one Ukulele and three Amps. My Heritage 535 just last week. I spend at least a half-hour playing each of the 5 everyday.

I have 'bonded' with only two - my Fender FSR (Factory Special Run) American Vintage Limited Edition '57 Stratocaster and my H-535. Won't ever sell either of these.

All the others are great and were carefully selected, but they just don't give me the same feeling when I hold them and play them.

The Strat and the Heritage feel like they are handmade for me ! They have terrific sustain, great tone, stay in tune 5 times longer than any of the others and just feel right.

The Stratocaster is also both a sentimental favorite and has minor investment potential (though that's not why I love it). It was an anniversary gift from my wife... and my very first guitar. The Limited Edition status may mean that my widow may make a couple bucks after I'm gone... if I don't take it with me that is... ;)

The Heritage, aside from it's wonderful build quality and playability, also just looks amazing !!

40U-5501_fronta_zpse9016d02.jpg

DSC_0019c.jpg

DSC_0004a.jpg

DSC_0011a.jpg

PrincetonChorus1.jpg

V5_P0806_Front_web_zps44dccdc0.png

Cheers!

Jim

For the most part, people search out Heritage guitars before buying them. I think that makes them a little more special to us.

I bought my first Heritage, an H-535 almost 3 years ago, and now have 10 Heritages. I haven't let go of even one, although that MAY change this weekend, only to trade one Heritage for another. They are "home" for me, and I always thought I was more of a Fender guy. Still have them, too, but I reach for the Heritages more than anything else.

Guest HRB853370

Now that another Valentine's Day is in the books, thoughts of romance and honeymoons came to my mind. And of course, guitars were on my mind as well. Combining those two ideas made me think about how I feel each time I pick up a Heritage guitar, look at it with admiration and desire, then hold it close for a nice session together.

How many times have we seen folks put their Heritage up for sale, only to pull it back in short order, taking it off the market. They can't break up the relationship!!

It seems that the honeymoon period of guitar ownership lasts a lot longer with these Heritage gits than with others that are more 'love em and leave em'.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

I have "sold" my VWB 150 at least 3 times. Well, sort of. Two times I already had the money in hand and refunded it. The third time, I again came to my senses and decided selling it would be a mistake and bailed. Its kind of like a significant person in your life that you just cant, or wont let go. Thats my take.

Guest HRB853370

I bought my first Heritage, an H-535 almost 3 years ago, and now have 10 Heritages. I haven't let go of even one, although that MAY change this weekend, only to trade one Heritage for another. They are "home" for me, and I always thought I was more of a Fender guy. Still have them, too, but I reach for the Heritages more than anything else.

Not bad averaging 3 new Heritages per year!

My older H150 is the perfect workhorse instrument. It looks great, but had a few dings so I don't baby it (or abuse it), sounds great, and plays great. The honeymoon will not end with this one.

My new H150, the love affair hasn't even started with, I have to mod it first. After the mods,if it doesn't do what I want, it will be sold! New parts are on the way:)

Guest HRB853370

I bought my first in October of last year. I presently have 5 sitting in my rack: H137, Millennium, Prospect, Eagle #1, Eagle #2. I need a 445 and then I'm done*.

*Not really.

Good luck finding a 445!

I have a 535, an Alvarez Yairi acoustic and a Fender American Deluxe Strat. I play them all equally (equally poorly too), and I never get tired of hearing any of them. With those three, I can't imagine wanting something else, although I could see wanting to trade up for a 555 at some point in the future.

Brad

No, I don't think so. But based on the title of this thread, Brent should change his name to Blackheart.

only the GOOD players bond with guitars...hacks like me just like to "sample" guitars for the thrill of the hunt

Archived