Heritage Owners Club

357 goes to school

eljay

teaching "intro to managerial accounting" now, first summer term. the 357 is getting the call as a show 'n tell for product costing. direct material (woods), direct labor (marv all the way, baby), and factory overhead. the pic shows me 'bird as "work in process," a beancounter cost accounting term.

579555da-6a99-4e6a-ad67-05e18b068448_zps

(been posted before)

the genuine finished product goes to class, today, as exhibit A.

there will not be a quiz after reading this post. regards, eljay

Guest HRB853370

teaching "intro to managerial accounting" now, first summer term. the 357 is getting the call as a show 'n tell for product costing. direct material (woods), direct labor (marv all the way, baby), and factory overhead. the pic shows me 'bird as "work in process," a beancounter cost accounting term.

579555da-6a99-4e6a-ad67-05e18b068448_zps

(been posted before)

the genuine finished product goes to class, today, as exhibit A.

there will not be a quiz after reading this post. regards, eljay

I had no idea you were a Prof, and an accounting Prof no less!! I remember my Managerial Accounting class quite well. Many decades ago.

Is there extra credit if they can tune it?

Beautiful guitar!

product costing....... direct material (woods), direct labor (marv all the way, baby), and factory overhead. the pic shows me 'bird as "work in process," a beancounter cost accounting term.

I've sometimes find myself considering this formula when looking at a guitar. I'll consider the material costs , labor and business expenses.. it's an interesting exercise , particularly when considering a high end instrument.

How cool that you're really looking at it .. in a classroom.

I had no idea you were a Prof, and an accounting Prof no less!! I remember my Managerial Accounting class quite well. Many decades ago.

debits by the windows, credits by the door!

I wish my Management Accounting professor, Dr. Mustapha, had your creativity, Eljay!! Maybe I wouldn't have had to repeat the class to get a passing grade! :icon_study:

That is one fine 357!! :icon_thumleft:

guys with entrepreneurial talent hate the strictures of accounting. we need more do-ers and fewer beancounters!

Archived