Heritage Owners Club

Carvin vintage 16

I think Tbonesullivan had one of these at PSP, anyone try it? I heard it a little bit, sounded pretty good. Any thoughts? I never tried any Carvin stuff before.

I thought it was Mark's (Mars--halls)?? Yes, the one Mark was playing had some of the best crunch tones I heard last weekend.

I have a rackmount Carvin setup. 8 slot rack filled with top to bottom.

Juice Goose Power distribution.

Sabine 1600 tuner

Carvin Quad X-Amp (2 slots)

Rocktron Intellifex

Gibson EchoPlex Digital Pro

Carvin Tube 100 (2 slots)

I've had this for over 15 years and still works perfectly. It's a great setup. It's all in stereo mode, so it's really awesome.

I also have a Marshall MG100HFX, Egnater Rebel 20, and a Mesa Express Plus with another Sabine tuner and Rocktron Intellifex.

Yes, I have two Ssbiner Tuners and two Rocktron Intellifex. I loved the one in the rack mount, so I bought a used one for the Mesa and have that in a 2 bay rack with the Sabine.

The Mesa Express Plus 5:25 is an awesome amp. I use it more now than the rack mount setup.

Yes Dave had a Vintage 16 at the Country Inn and they do sound good

What amp head/cabinet were you playing at the barn, Mark? I thought it sounded great!

What amp head/cabinet were you playing at the barn, Mark? I thought it sounded great!

I was playing through my Carvin Legacy 3 head with a 2x12/ Celestion V30s and a Theile 1x12/EVM-12L in cabinets I built. The cabinet combination, with the Theie on the floor, tends to balance out the full range.

I have the Vintage 16 head and I run it with a 2x10 cabinet with WGS speakers in it. I love it so far. I got to crank it the other day and it really has some nice distortion when cranked. The clean is amazing too. It takes any pedal I throw at it very well.

Carvin has put out some great bang for the buck in their product line for a long time, Amps are not boutique, but their custom guitar shop sure is. An old X100B head is the harcore 60's-90's hard rocker's dream amp tone/value for tone of all time, period. Four of the Russian 5881's fresh caps, NOS pre's and good to go for another 40 years... 100 watts of controllable fury. Unbelievably inexpensive on fleabay until two years ago.

The vintage 16 is nice, and you can find it in both head and combo form now. It's not a high gain amp by any means. I had mine set on the 5 watt/triode setting, which does make it a bit less punchy. If you want to get good crunch out of it with a single coil guitar that has low output, you will need a booster pedal. It's a great little amp.

Next year I'm going to try to bring a Carvin V3M head + cabinet to the barn. It's the amplifier that the Legacy 3 was somewhat based on. I also have a bunch of other carvin amplifiers, aside from the bass rig I bring to PSP. They do make good amps, and they do have a nice unique sound to them.

I own it, Have it in the living room with a OCD infront... Works great, I mainly use it for moderate level practice. The knock they have had is in the speaker they use, mine was upgraded to a fender speaker from a blues deluxe.... I am happy. Of course I use a V3micro when jamming in different locations and Mesa Roadster Head in the Man cave, kind of surpising that I like the Vintage 16!

I own it, Have it in the living room with a OCD infront... Works great, I mainly use it for moderate level practice. The knock they have had is in the speaker they use, mine was upgraded to a fender speaker from a blues deluxe.... I am happy. Of course I use a V3micro when jamming in different locations and Mesa Roadster Head in the Man cave, kind of surpising that I like the Vintage 16!

Mine came with a Celestion Vintage 30, and I hated it. Too much mids. I swapped it out with the now-discontinued Blue Tick hound from eminence, and have been much happier.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to get the extension cabinet for the V3M that has the open/closed back option.

I own three amplifiers, and two of them are Carvin.

A 100W V3 head, a Carvin micro bass amp and a VOX AC15 Custom.

If I'm ever pondering a new amp or PA system, I look at Carvin first.

That being said, if I were to ever get another speaker cabinet, I think I would like to try some of those Wharehouse Guitars speakers instead of Carvin speakers.

Right now, my 100W V3 head is sitting on top of a stock Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinet and I like it.

I originally got into Carvin 13 years ago and presently have 7 Carvin guitars & 3 Carvin amps. Not a junker or a clunker in the bunch.

AG100D acoustic amp

001-2.jpg

X100B series IV head on a Lopo 2-12 cab that I ordered with the baffle cut for a single 15".

100_0506-1.jpg

Solid state rig SX300R preamp & DCM200L poweramp

100_0510.jpg

All perfectly stable dependable machines that were all great 'bang for the buck' deals.

Ok, I guess I better make the full list then. I have

Carvin MTS3212 combo loaded with Eminence Black Powder speakers and JJ 6L6GC power tubes

Carvin X-100B Series III Fuzzy head with JJ E34L power tubes running into two carvin V212 vertical slant cabinets

Carvin X-100B series IV in blue with EHX EL34 power tubes running into an avatar open back cabinet with two Texas heat 16s

Carvin V3M head currently running into either the V212 cabinets or the Avatar. For some reason I stupidly sold the Mesa Thiele cabinet I had.

Carvin Vintage 16 loaded with an eminence blue tick hound speaker

Carvin B800 Bass head + BR210 and BR115 cabinets, now called the BR210-C and BR115-C due to the duratuff covering

Carvin PB115 bass combo, mainly used as a monitor for my stage pedal rig

Carvin RSP Bass Preamp + DCM1000L power amp used for a back up rig.

Carvin XP4 effects processors, which I have two of

Carvin AC120 power conditioner

Carvin AC120S power sequencer

I've also owned 7 carvin guitars over the years, and currently own 3 carvin basses, with another in the works. I like their basses more than their guitars, though I plan to make a clone of my XB75 bass in a guitar version.

Yep Carvin is good stuff!! I think they still make most of their stuff in America,?

Archived