Heritage Owners Club

Tech 21

I had the Trademark 60 1x12 combo. I really am sorry that I ever sold it. I can say that it had some very authentic tubeish tone to it. I had it for about 4 years and it never gave me any problems. Very lightweight as well.

I had the Trademark 60 1x12 combo. I really am sorry that I ever sold it. I can say that it had some very authentic tubeish tone to it. I had it for about 4 years and it never gave me any problems. Very lightweight as well.

Ditto. Used it as a spare gig amp. Every once in a while, I ran it through a 4x10 Marshall cab. My favorite tone, ever...nah, but not bad. A very functional, useful box.

My good buddy, whom Koula saw play live alongside Bill Payne last October, is a working guitarist. Been paying his mortgage playing the guitar live for over two decades. He's a Godin sponsored artist, and everything but his resonator is one of there's. His everyday amp is a Tech 21, and I can tell you I've heard every tone imaginable out of it over the last few years. As I've become more informed about gear over the last several years, I asked about this recently, he said it's simple, he can get any sound, and it's been absolutely trouble free. Peace of mind. He does rocky mountain ski resort tours every winter, and US Virgin islands tours every fall, and just can't risk a problem, so it's the T60 everyday.

I looked into them and all the info I found was super encouraging. So there you go. A backdoor artist endorsement.

I don't have any personal experience with them, but the talk about them is always very positive..

When I was going to music school in Pasadena, all the practice amps in the guitar rooms were Tech 21s. Some students, including me, hated 'em because we were all snobs. We wondered where all our tuition money went. I was expecting at least a nice small tube combo amp or something. But day after day, the students heard the teachers & guest musicians who helped w/ the ensembles play thougth those amps...., and they all sounded AWESOME! It was such a humbling experience & yes, Tech 21 are good amps.

Archived