Heritage Owners Club

Millie H155

DetroitBlues

just an observation, from someone, like many of us, that has witnessed your jouney through a variety of guitars and amps and necks etc.

I find it notable that you're to the point of considering a custom build, and the model your strongly leaning towards is the only one YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED.

in my mind that sends up a caution flag....

you have friends...find one with a millie and spend some quality time. STAT.

Excellent post. D'Blues needs some quality Millie time.

Millie's are out, not in the budget... A custom 150 does fit... Looks like being a little down to earth helps...

That surprises me. My Millie Custom was very reasonably priced. The Prospect even better. Anywho! I personally think a 150 will fit you just fine. But then, who cares what I think? :dontknow: It's what you think.

Something for you to think about when doing your custom build. You may think you're going to keep it forever. And you very well may. And! you may not. You don't want to do something so far out that it's hard to move if/when the time comes. Just sayin'.

I can sell you a used 150 or a 170. I'll put in any pickups that you want as long as you pay for them.

I appreciate the offer Monica... But the point for me making a custom order is a celebration of achievement from a career that has been all I've know for the past 19 years and something new and challenging for the future... A custom order is my present to myself... I think when its all said and done, I think I'm due.

I appreciate the offer Monica... But the point for me making a custom order is a celebration of achievement from a career that has been all I've know for the past 19 years and something new and challenging for the future... A custom order is my present to myself... I think when its all said and done, I think I'm due.

I understand completely. Go for it!

Guest HRB853370

That surprises me. My Millie Custom was very reasonably priced. The Prospect even better. Anywho! I personally think a 150 will fit you just fine. But then, who cares what I think? :dontknow: It's what you think.

Something for you to think about when doing your custom build. You may think you're going to keep it forever. And you very well may. And! you may not. You don't want to do something so far out that it's hard to move if/when the time comes. Just sayin'.

DB keep something forever? Oh come now!

Being as it is you play right handed, I'd just buy something used. These days, the only reason I see fit to custom order is to get something like a chunky neck if I was looking at guitars that typically come with skinny necks.

Being as it is you play right handed, I'd just buy something used. These days, the only reason I see fit to custom order is to get something like a chunky neck if I was looking at guitars that typically come with skinny necks.

Exactly why I'm doing a custom order, very, very few Heritages I've played have a neck I like... Might as well order what I want.

Exactly why I'm doing a custom order, very, very few Heritages I've played have a neck I like... Might as well order what I want.

So what you need to do is take a guitar that has exactly the right neck feel down to Marv and let him set you up. Its been done before.

I remember Ren talking about having somebody (was it Ted Nugent?) fax a copy of his hand to the factory so they could make him a guitar that fit.

I don't think a Prospect fed back!

Oh yeah they will, Will ;) When I was using mine all the time, it would feed back in rhythm to Tracy's vocal lines. Yeah, she was being pushed hard thru the monitors. But it was pretty cool - sometimes. Fixed it by putting just a tad bit of natural sponge under the floating block. Didn't effect the tone at all; well, not to my old ears.

Archived