Heritage Owners Club

Millie H155

DetroitBlues

In my experience the Millie is a lot closer to a 150 / 157 than it is to a 535. By a long shot.

I have a Millie Std Ultra with f holes, it doesn't breathe at volume like a 535 does. I can get the 535 to blow air out the f holes at low volume, in a controlled manner. ( Standing in front of an AC30 with the body of the guitar level with the speakers :icon_rr: )

Haven't managed to do that yet with the Millie, I suspect my ears might be bleeding at that point though :icon_sunny:

I just got my new H155 back from a having a setup done.

Ho. Ly. Crap! What an incredible guitar!

But it's much closer to a 150 vibe than a semi hollow. My Prospect is definitely a semi hollow though.

The 535 has a ply top and sounds darker and more choked acoustically but amped up they have such a special sound...

The Millie has a carved top(Most models) which allows the instrument to really ring out and my most favorite trait of the millennium series. Also because they have ebony boards and bodies are essentially hollow with only the maple cap around the pickups there is a brighter tone. I also prefer that most have slimmer necks.

The 150 are darker/thicker sounding tone wise... You just cant replace wood for that heavy sound.

That's my 2 cents, EH

Guest HRB853370

For those who have Millie's... Are they the best of both worlds compared to a 157 and 535?

You mean 150 and 535? I would say not. They are a different animal DB. I think the sound is closer to a 150 without the inherent weight of a 150.

Guest HRB853370

The 535 has a ply top and sounds darker and more choked acoustically but amped up they have such a special sound...

The Millie has a carved top(Most models) which allows the instrument to really ring out and my most favorite trait of the millennium series. Also because they have ebony boards and bodies are essentially hollow with only the maple cap around the pickups there is a brighter tone. I also prefer that most have slimmer necks.

The 150 are darker/thicker sounding tone wise... You just cant replace wood for that heavy sound.

That's my 2 cents, EH

Is that why they call you Millenium Maestro?

I tend to think of the 535 as the "best of both worlds".

+1

You mean 150 and 535? I would say not. They are a different animal DB. I think the sound is closer to a 150 without the inherent weight of a 150.

My Std Ultra with HRWs is a metal machine, it seriously surprised me when played it for the first time. It looks like a real jazzer but can rock with the best of them.

It doesn't do modern chugga chugga metal too well but that's fine 'cos either do I :)

This guitar was a friend of mine's and recently popped back up on the local Craigslist... I rather like how its done...

00E0E_cpOmZHQgtLT_600x450.jpg

this is a guitar of the month series from Gibson a few years back... another option I really like.

But Millie or 157... I think it may come down to which one fits my budget... I keep bugging Paul about this or that.... I hate doing that because he has a business to run, and its not empty handed requests... The intent to buy is 100% now.

just an observation, from someone, like many of us, that has witnessed your jouney through a variety of guitars and amps and necks etc.

I find it notable that you're to the point of considering a custom build, and the model your strongly leaning towards is the only one YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED.

in my mind that sends up a caution flag....

you have friends...find one with a millie and spend some quality time. STAT.

Archived