Heritage Owners Club

What's your Heritage vs non-Heritage Ratio?

HANGAR18

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you might enjoy some statistics:

Note: The data in these statistice are not normal and alternate distrubutions were used for the statistics.

Note 2: Some did not offer actual numbers or percentages so they could not be included. I did put in the percentages as actual numbers given the ratios provided.

The average HOC Heritage owner has 1 Heritage guitar.

The average HOC Heritage owner has 2 other guitars for a total of 3 (2.7 actually, but who can have a 7th of a guitar?).

Minimum numbers in each catagory were:

Heritage = 1

Other = 3

Maximum numbers in each catagory were:

Heritage = 6

Other = 54

Sample size was 34 HOC members

If those who offered only percentages or no information would like to add actual numbers, I can make corrections.

Note: The data in these statistice are not normal and alternate distrubutions were used for the statistics.

Note 2: Some did not offer actual numbers or percentages so they could not be included. I did put in the percentages as actual numbers given the ratios provided.

The average HOC Heritage owner has 2 other guitars for a total of 3 (2.7 actually, but who can have a 7th of a guitar?).

Heritage = 1

Other = 3

Heritage = 6

Other = 54

If those who offered only percentages or no information would like to add actual numbers, I can make corrections.

lol! That's awesome!

Parkers are kewl.

I've been in the custom shop a few times and they are really something to see. Hope to own one some day.

Yes they are very kewl. I've got this Parker PM20 Hornet.. It is a very nice guitar, plays beautifully and sounds awesome.

post-918-0-94068000-1378893023_thumb.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Heritage = 1

Other = 3

Heritage = 6

Other = 54

Nice to have a resident statistician in the HOC! What was your sampling error if I can inquire?

Nice to have a resident statistician in the HOC! What was your sampling error if I can inquire?

Since the distributions were not normal, the usual stitistics don't apply. I can, however, show you a distribution. Here is the total number of guitars per member. The dots on the right are outliers, meaning the 3 HOC members with 25 - 55 guitars are fortunate and unusual. Most members have 10 or less. The skewed distribution is, of course, because you can't have a negative number of guitars. It's like throwing coins against a wall. The closest you can get is 0 (touching the wall), and most will land some distance away from the wall, bunching up close to it and more sparse as you get farther away. Anyway, here is what we look like all bunched up together.

HOCtotal_zpsa8bfa083.jpg

Since the distributions were not normal, the usual stitistics don't apply. I can, however, show you a distribution. Here is the total number of guitars per member. The dots on the right are outliers, meaning the 3 HOC members with 25 - 55 guitars are fortunate and unusual. Most members have 10 or less. The skewed distribution is, of course, because you can't have a negative number of guitars. It's like throwing coins against a wall. The closest you can get is 0 (touching the wall), and most will land some distance away from the wall, bunching up close to it and more sparse as you get farther away. Anyway, here is what we look like all bunched up together.

HOCtotal_zpsa8bfa083.jpg

Holy *%!#, thats some complex stuff! Math was not my subject, this is super impressive. I was always more into history, passed Math courses with a C mostly, faked my way though the requisite Math in college and now I just need to use math for simple addition and subtraction. I am always very impressed by people who have the knowledge to do something like this! Really impressive that someone has more than 50 guitars too! I cant even imagine!

Ps. When I answered I realized I didn't give my numbers the way I was supposed to so here it is:

4 Total: 1:4 Heritage:Others

1- Heritage H535

1- Gibson SG Custom Shop

1- Taylor 814ce

1- Ovation 12 Sting

Holy *%!#, thats some complex stuff! Math was not my subject, this is super impressive. I was always more into history, passed Math courses with a C mostly, faked my way though the requisite Math in college and now I just need to use math for simple addition and subtraction. I am always very impressed by people who have the knowledge to do something like this! Really impressive that someone has more than 50 guitars too! I cant even imagine!

Ps. When I answered I realized I didn't give my numbers the way I was supposed to so here it is:

4 Total: 1:4 Heritage:Others

Thanks, I got your ratio included as 1:4.

The math may seem daunting, but after working with it for a few years it all becomes rather unimpressive. The computer crunches all the numbers and all we have to do is look at the results. I don't think I could pull out the calculator and get the right numbers. Haven't actually calculated anything since college. I'm right there with you using addition and subtraction. I do like interpreting the stats though. It is the results I'm after, not getting them.

The data clearly show that we need to buy more Heritage guitars! Now go do your part! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Electric six strings

1:7

In playing order

H150CM 25th Anniversary VSB

PRS Modern Eagle Quatro

Epiphone Emperor II

Squier CV Telecaster

PRS JA-15

Gibson Flying V

Gibson Junior

I'm saving for a 157 next year.

The bottom two are virtually unplayable due to heavy (ab)use in the Eighties - I'll never sell 'em. I guess that might make it 1:5.

The Epi & Squier we're bought as cheap experiments and platforms to practice maintenance / modifications. They get played more than the PRS because they're always available on stands and the JA-15 is always cased when unplayed.

Electric six strings

1:7

In playing order

H150CM 25th Anniversary VSB

PRS Modern Eagle Quatro

Epiphone Emperor II

Squier CV Telecaster

PRS JA-15

Gibson Flying V

Gibson Junior

I'm saving for a 157 next year.

The bottom two are virtually unplayable due to heavy (ab)use in the Eighties - I'll never sell 'em. I guess that might make it 1:5.

The Epi & Squier we're bought as cheap experiments and platforms to practice maintenance / modifications. They get played more than the PRS because they're always available on stands and the JA-15 is always cased when unplayed.

How do you like your JA-15?

Do you think it is strictly a jazz guitar or do you use it for other music styles ?

To respond to the original post, I have far more Heritage electrics than any other single brand.

One solid body, 150 Ultra, two hollow, a 575 and a 530, two 576 guitars which with floating a center blocks sound somewhere in between hollow and semihollow tones; one 576 with PhatCats and one 576 with humbuckers. Two 535s, a 23rd Anniversary and one with Lollar P-90s, a 555 with HRWs and D-VIP and a Millie Ultra, for a total of nine.

By comparison, the most electric guitars I have from any other single brand are three.

I have two PRS hollows, a single cut hollowbody 2 and a hollowbody 1 and one solid body PRS Modern Eagle

Also two Hamer hollow bodies, Newports, one in spruce / mahogany and one in Korina.

And a semihollow Hamer Artist in Korina.

How do you like your JA-15?

Do you think it is strictly a jazz guitar or do you use it for other music styles ?

I play rock and the JA-15 is a better fit than the ES-135 that it replaced.

I wish I knew how to edit my post; the ratio s/b 1:6 and/or 1:4.

Guest HRB853370

I play rock and the JA-15 is a better fit than the ES-135 that it replaced.

I wish I knew how to edit my post; the ratio s/b 1:6 and/or 1:4.

There is an edit button at the bottom of each post, but you only have a few minutes to do it before it is gone.

1:6 right now. I have one Warmoth strat, a Santa Cruz acoustic, and a travel guitar and four guitars made in Kalamazoo, one of which is a Heritage.

Of all my guitars I like to play the Heritage the most and it is my favorite stage buddy too. I do wish for a humbuckers GT 150 and a matching 535 GT and a 175 GT. I never though I would be one of those matching guitar types but I think I discovered something when I got my 150gt with p-90s.

1:13

1- Heritage (H576)

4- Gibsons (335, 339, LP, 165)

3- Taylor (510, T5-12, NS24)

2- PRS (CE-22, SC-245)

2- Fender (Tele, Strat)

1- Martin (OMC-16)

1- Deering (B6)

All but the Deering Banjitar are electric. What gets the most play? Gibson ES-335 & ES-339.

Thanks for asking.

The average HOC Heritage owner has 3 other guitars for a total of 4 (2.6 actually, but who can have .6 of a guitar?)

Heritage = 1

Other = 3

Heritage = 6

Other = 54

Updated with the new contributors. The statistics didn't change much, but the mins and max's did.

Heritage = 1

Other = 0

Heritage = 9

Other = 54

What kind of PRS?

It's a PRS SE Semi Hollow body. I've modified it some. Schaller locking tuners and I changed out the GHS prickups for a set of Andrew Cunningham's Tone Rider Alinco II's. Nice pickups with lots of sustain. I also installed Push-Push pots to switch from humbucker mode to single coil. It's really a nice guitar with all the changes. And the Bird inlays are cool too and give it a nice flare.

Archived