Heritage Owners Club

Introducing the Billgelder signature H-357

Billgelder

Well-spec-ed all around. Congratulations.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Yea, he says that to all of us.

Marv and I were talking recently and I asked him "Seriously Marv, how many more 357s are you going to build?"

and he replied "Well I guiess if people are going to keep ordering them I guess I'll keep making them"

I had my chance last February and I think DavesNotHere got my order. But I may still go for one!

I had my chance last February and I think DavesNotHere got my order. But I may still go for one!

I had my preliminary order started at PSP V and officially started in November. I don't think I got yours. But, you should still go for it.

Marv made them. Here a PSP photo of the pickguard.

GEDC0032-Copy_zps09ed7df0.jpg

The very first 357 wood pick guard circa February/March 2013. Marv and I had many... uuhhmmm... shall we say conversations leading up to him agreeing to do a wood guard for mine. He did several samples before he would agree that he could do one that he would warranty and to which he would attach his and Heritage's name.

IMAG1243.jpg

Here is my 1st tone report. The Lollar Firebird pickups are very interesting. If played though a clean amp setting they sound very “chimmy” like a single coil pickup. But they sound like a humbucker if you turn up the gain. In this sound clip the rhythm track is the 357 both pickups run though my early ’70 Fender Bassman 70 head very clean setting into a Marshall 2x 12. The lead is the same set up but I used the bridge pickup.

https://soundcloud.com/billgelder/nobody-357

Funny, I'm listening to your recording as I thumb though my facebook page. And as I'm listening to the final chorus, I come across this post. Odd coincidence. Apparently rare footage of an Unplugged rehearsal.

[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dEJUC4nlc9k[/media]

Here is my 1st tone report. The Lollar Firebird pickups are very interesting. If played though a clean amp setting they sound very “chimmy” like a single coil pickup. But they sound like a humbucker if you turn up the gain. In this sound clip the rhythm track is the 357 both pickups run though my early ’70 Fender Bassman 70 head very clean setting into a Marshall 2x 12. The lead is the same set up but I used the bridge pickup.

Beautiful. Thank you.

That pick guard is amazing. That was the only reason I didn't like the 357 was the (in my opinion) awkward looking pick guards on an otherwise cool shape. If I were to ever order a 357, it would have to be this EXACT guitar. You really have a beauty here! This is a really freaking cool one, one that I hope I can see at my first PSP this year!

Congratulations!

Archived