Heritage Owners Club

The new set up / what to add next

big bob

Here is the new set up. I using a Carr slant 6v with a 2x12 open back cab.

The cab is loaded with two 100 Watt weber fane copy's.

I'm really digging the sound. I just set up two pedal boards. The first sits on top of the amp head and is run through the fx loop. It has my time based pedals, a EH deluxe memory man and a Demeter reverb unit. The second is a floor pedal board Amp< Volume pedal< loop station< clean boost< distortion< chorus < overdrive< guitar. So far it works great however I may move the loop station.

The big question is what's next. My budget will only let me add one at a time

So what's your vote.

Phaser

Flanger

Compressor

?

Now pics

post-463-0-51132400-1381357389_thumb.jpgpost-463-0-64064200-1381357414_thumb.jpg

I have a buddy in another country band that has two pedal boards. One for his time based, the other for the ODs/Boosts. He has 3 delays, 1 reverb, 2 compressors, 2 boosts, 4 od's and probably more I'm forgetting. When I play his rig I can't tell the difference between his OD's/Boosts. I turn his compressor off. And only use the one delay. He's always going, "what'd you think of pedal x", etc. I always say, "wow, loved it!" ........... :)

Oh ........ uh ....... phase or flange. If you have the need for one.

What is time based pedals??

Time based pedals are things like reverb, delay, vibrato, echo, things that change the time stamp of the signal. They tend to work best after any distortion/fuzz and even better in an fx loop as the loop is an insertion into the signal after the preamp. I am running my fx loop in series but also have the option for parallel.

Time based pedals are every new redesign of an old one that will be replaced by the next new old thing in a short time.

@BB

I always get stuck trying to choose a modulation pedal.

I think either a rotary speaker or vibe pedal would be cool until I try one and wonder where I would use it.

I like tremolo when used with a little delay. Its a natural kind of sound. After owning some amps with tremolo I found I missed it when I didnt have it.

An envelope filter of some sort is always fun....for 5minutes.

I never thought I would say this but i really like the tremelo on my Princeton.. I guess I would probably vote for compression, but use it judiciously!! (Did I spell that right?)

"What to add next"? try 2+2; I don't know what 4...

I would think either a wah or harmonica would come next.

I never thought I would say this but i really like the tremelo on my Princeton.. I guess I would probably vote for compression, but use it judiciously!! (Did I spell that right?)

That's what the hillbilly crowbar is for!

that's way more stuff that I would need, already!!

but I would vote for a univibe, if anything

Mostly use the clean channel on the amp with the soldano pedal. The volume pedal and the clean boost get used quite a bit too, really solves the solo/rhythm volume thing.

I get the most mileage out of (in order of most used to least used) dirt, delay, chorus and wah are about even, then a Phase 90. There are a couple other things that almost never get used.

I never could make a compressor work for me. I think you would get more use out of a wah pedal, and flanger and phaser will probably work just about the same as far as how much you will use them. A Phase 90 is a cheap addition and sounds great, is extremely simple (one knob).

I would change the routing of your pedals before you change anything.

First, put the reverb after the delay to smooth the decays of the memory man! No way would I feed the MM with a splashy verb signal!!!

(I can see the output of the Demeter going into the MM)

Put the chorus in with the time base FX, in front on the Delay!

If you have to have three dirt/OD/boost pedals but a Boss TU2 or TU3 pedal between the volume and the dirt/OD/pedals, the buffer

circuit will help retain your highs.

DUMP THE LOOPER! please see my posts about loopers in the looper threads:)

And now for another observation... I would knock a few of those OD's off of the board and have an amp channel switch on the board.

You paid serious money for a boutique amp and then degrade the tone with those OD's, maybe just get one pedal to push the dirty

tone/dirt of the 6V over the top. The amps are pretty righteous sounding and too many pedals in front of the inputs or in the loop are

going to wreak havoc on the tone, unless the pedal board has loops to bring the FX in and out (see KUZ's board for a good example

of the loop setup). All of this of course is IMNSHO!!!

Rockabilly, thanks for the ideas. I tried switching the reverb and the memory man around and I like it better in that order + I don't ever use them at the same time. The clean channel has it own reverb so I really only use it on the gain side. As for the looper? I use it to practice, I really like being able to lay down the rhythm with the tempo feature and then practice my fills and lead over it, it also lets me practice singing the songs w/o having to play. As for now I have it wired so that I can bipass it fully for band practice and shows. It does require physically taking it out of the chain though. I guess it's easy enough to change the leads, still it would be nice it it had a bypass built in. As for giving up my dirt pedals, never! They may sound the same to everyone else, but to me they are very different animals, there is no real way to describe the soldano pedal, it is fantastic, especially through a good chimie clean channel. And the dementer is a fat boost/overdrive, the fat boost is stellar with p90 love it when I play the 575.

As for giving up my dirt pedals, never! They may sound the same to everyone else, but to me they are very different animals, there is no real way to describe the soldano pedal, it is fantastic, especially through a good chimie clean channel. And the dementer is a fat boost/overdrive, the fat boost is stellar with p90 love it when I play the 575.

This made me smile:)

Archived