Heritage Owners Club

Since they make Out of Production items sometimes...

barrymclark

if get on Marv's good side, you might be able to talk him into something

Jen is. :D

I'll ask him sometime. I have no idea what such a thing'd go for. I'm assuming an MSRP of $3500 or $4000. But...what do I know.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Totonka, thought you might find this interesting. I spent a couple hours last summer speaking with Aaron Cowles. He produced all 98 of the Heritage Mandolins'. If I remember correctly 24 where H-5's. The most interesting is that they are all made from 100% of parts left over from Gibson, when they ran out, so did that model. He has all the patterns and notes at his shop. Very interesting. If you come to PSP this summer you should plan and meeting him. Regards, Stephen

(This quote will give you an idea of what is involved.... )

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/21350-h-5-mandolin-action-video/?hl=cowles&do=findComment&comment=285376

It is my understanding that Aaron Cowles was their Mandolin maker. The parts were all pieces left over from Gibson. Since Aaron is no longer building and the parts have all been used I would imagine ones chances of having a Heritage mandolin built is slim next to none.

It DEFINITELY would not be cheap for a on off custom build of a model they don't produce anymore.

you got that right brother!!! if they wanted to charge me $2000 for a 137.....a mando would be at least $5500

There were 5 banjos. I've asked many times if they'd make me one. Or, just make me a neck that I could mount on a frame, with their permission of course. It has been a resounding NO WAY every time. I'd seriously doubt they'd even let Aaron make another mandolin with a Heritage logo. I'm thinking there is more to this than just not having the templates and machinery for it. Maybe a conscious effort to divest themselves as much as possible from any Gibs link. Other than the factory, of course. And you'd think that after nearly 30 years of it being the Heritage plant, the notion of it being the "old Gibson factory" could be dropped. Just postulating a hypothesis.

There were 5 banjos. I've asked many times if they'd make me one. Or, just make me a neck that I could mount on a frame, with their permission of course. It has been a resounding NO WAY every time. .

At PSP V I saw the ONE banjo kept in the proto room. They only made one according to "the girl". It stll there unplayed for years.

At PSP V I saw the ONE banjo kept in the proto room. They only made one according to "the girl". It stll there unplayed for years.

Pretty sure you misunderstood what she was saying. That is the only one they kept. I know where the others are. And there are 4 more. But I can't get any of them to let one go. And the one in the proto room .... wow! was that thing messed up. I've been going over the banjo thing with these guys for 6 years.

Search this forum for pics of my H5. Use it at least once a week, has fishman bridge p/u sounds awesome. I have friends almost fighting over it. I own a Gibson A40 as well and know several other Gibson/Flatiron owners as well as quality UK makes ie Fylde, Oakwood, Sobell etc. H5 is streets ahead of the rest. Was stung by UK customs for import duty but still well worth the money. Also own H150, H535 and H575 as well as Gibson ES330, LP Firebrand (The Paul). Everywere I play my Heritage instruments attract attention and admiration. Wish my playing did!!

Search this forum for pics of my H5. Use it at least once a week, has fishman bridge p/u sounds awesome. I have friends almost fighting over it. I own a Gibson A40 as well and know several other Gibson/Flatiron owners as well as quality UK makes ie Fylde, Oakwood, Sobell etc. H5 is streets ahead of the rest. Was stung by UK customs for import duty but still well worth the money. Also own H150, H535 and H575 as well as Gibson ES330, LP Firebrand (The Paul). Everywere I play my Heritage instruments attract attention and admiration. Wish my playing did!!

Are you running the fishman thru some sort of DI or EQ? I had my Eastman shipped with a Fishman Nashville 200. Never could bond with it's sound.

Archived