Heritage Owners Club

30th Anniversary Heritage Models

Guest HRB853370

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Did I say no anniversary model? What do I know. Not only is it possible,its probable. Feel free to chime in with more suggestions of what you would like to see. Other than Brent on a all paper diet:)

I am so glad I started this thread!!!

Loar lived there.

Absolutely no offence to the solid body folks, but what the artisans at 225 can do better than anyone else are carved hollow bodies. At the 30 year mark, I think a small run of acoustic jazz boxes would capture their history and display their chops. On that point, how about a mandolin?

Loar lived there.

Absolutely no offence to the solid body folks, but what the artisans at 225 can do better than anyone else are carved hollow bodies. At the 30 year mark, I think a small run of acoustic jazz boxes would capture their history and display their chops.

:thumbsup:

I wonder how many "guaranteed purchases" each of the models suggested so far would garner for Heritage. More importantly, how could we conduct that survey? For example, I would definitely buy a V or a gold-top Prospect. We could tally all of these "definites" and see which suggested model had the most. Might be helpful in pursuading them what to build. (It would be fun too.)

Loar lived there.

Absolutely no offence to the solid body folks, but what the artisans at 225 can do better than anyone else are carved hollow bodies. At the 30 year mark, I think a small run of acoustic jazz boxes would capture their history and display their chops. On that point, how about a mandolin?

By definition Mandolins are arch top hollow bodies. I like that idea!! And tho' I already have one, I'd get another. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the purchase of a "NEW" Heritage this year will not be feasible for me but on the unlikely chance that mandolin idea happens, I would absolutely try to pull that off. I agree that something special like the fancy headstock inlays entice me more than just a fancy top and trc. I recently saw a 10th(?) Anniversary 150 or 157 with 10th Anniversary on the fret markers. I thought that was pretty cool. I agree a killer jazzbox seems most fitting for Heritage but that would surely put it out of my price range. Looking fwd to seeing what goes down.

Would it not be a good idea, that every guitar to leave the factory in it's 30th year was somehow identifiable as a 30th anniversary guitar? Maybe a plaque, or an inlay on the headstock... Just a thought.

Then, any one who wants to buy a new Heritage, regardless of model would have that special guitar for them. Might get a few extra orders for the boys as well.

I'd really like to see some fully bound 150s or 157s with quilted maple tops and fancy/unusual finishes.

Kind of like this.....

2841.jpg

Yoder.jpg

2844.jpg

Would it not be a good idea, that every guitar to leave the factory in it's 30th year was somehow identifiable as a 30th anniversary guitar? Maybe a plaque, or an inlay on the headstock... Just a thought.

Then, any one who wants to buy a new Heritage, regardless of model would have that special guitar for them. Might get a few extra orders for the boys as well.

That might be the case Mark, let's just hope it says "Heritage" and not "Peavy" on the headstock for the 30th identification.....

Guest HRB853370

That might be the case Mark, let's just hope it says "Heritage" and not "Peavy" on the headstock for the 30th identification.....

And why Peavey pray tell? Why not Yamaha or Ibanez or Carvin......

And why Peavey pray tell? Why not Yamaha or Ibanez or Carvin......

I have heard voices.....

Peavey was in conversations in 2007 before Vince.... and I have heard of some rumors, that is all I know, really.

But you know what they say... "where there is smoke, there is a fire". Maybe the kindling is being gathered?

Peavy? Peavy?!?! F*@k that. I guess being sold is better than closed but unless it ends up the hands of other staff members or maybe a decent local/MI businessman I'm gonna be pissed regardless.

Archived