Heritage Owners Club

NGD...1987 Heritage

brentrocks

I acquired this from davesultra yesterday. Its a 1987 H 120. H 140 body style with a bolt on 3 piece maple neck, rosewood board, single volume, grovers and a single Bill Lawrence humbucker.

This baby appears to be all original...lots of checking on the white (now cream) finish.

I pulled a real dick-move this morning with it though. I wanted to lower the tailpiece closer to the body, but the studs were hitting the bottom of the hole, I thought I would drill the holes deeper and I accidently poked my drill bit through the back on 1 of the holes...I was so upset with myself, although, it isn't too bad..... :icon_shaking:

1202_zps9b5d52d8.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics....

1205_zps4b6dedaa.jpg

1204_zps9d53fa03.jpg

1206_zpsfd2bafe5.jpg

1207_zpsbb0248f7.jpg

1203_zpsb33f8874.jpg

1201_zps211e7b52.jpg

Guest HRB853370

So the drill bit literally exited through the back of the guitar? The hole looks very tiny if that is what I am seeing in the pic to the right of the cover plate.

Congrats on the H timepiece! The fact that you, Brent, a man handy with power tools, made this little blunder reminds me why I, a man completely unhandy with tools, power or otherwise, should never take anything more complicated than a screwdriver to a guitar. I've already retired my soldering iron, after burning the shit out of my fingers a couple of times.

Guest HRB853370

No worries, Brent. Now when you sell it, you can tell potential buyers that it is weight relieved!

I was thinking the same darn thing Tim, ya beat me to it!

This is an easy fix Brent. Do just what I did with my LP Goldtop when the PG was removed. Get a small can of painters putty, fill the hole, and since your guitar is white, you should have no problem finding some matching paint to dab gently over the putty. Be careful when sanding the putty you don't damage the surrounding finish. Once you have done all this, nobody, and I mean nobody, will know there ever was a hole there except you.

I know how you feel. While I haven't put a drill through the body of a guitar (yet), I have taken my guitar off over my head right into a ceiling fan- twice! Same room, same guitar, same fan, same sick feeling in my stomach looking at the dings.

I owned a Heritage once where someone at Heritage drilled through the headstock completely while putting in the tuners. This was an expensive and highly customized archtop. It left a permanent but small scar. The point is that the big boys can also have bad days.

I admire your courage with your DIY attitude. It certainly has inspired me over the years.

Guest HRB853370

I know how you feel. While I haven't put a drill through the body of a guitar (yet), I have taken my guitar off over my head right into a ceiling fan- twice! Same room, same guitar, same fan, same sick feeling in my stomach looking at the dings.

I owned a Heritage once where someone at Heritage drilled through the headstock completely while putting in the tuners. This was an expensive and highly customized archtop. It left a permanent but small scar. The point is that the big boys can also have bad days.

I admire your courage with your DIY attitude. It certainly has inspired me over the years.

Mark, didn't you learn the first time that playing guitar behind your head is just not your schtick?

$350 and you have a deal

But there is a hole in it. I was thinking keeping it my classroom at the High School, and if the kids were well behaved I would play it for them. And if they were bad it would make a great paddle. Just kidding I would never hit a student with a guitar.

I was thinking keeping it my classroom at the High School, and if the kids were well behaved I would play it for them. And if they were bad it would make a great paddle. Just kidding I would never hit a student with a guitar.

oh go on . . . have a little fun! :diablo_mini:

I imagine how you feel. Yesterday I picked up the case of my Martin D35 with her inside it. The case was not latched. Thank goodness I was in a carpeted room and that case was on the floor, so the fall was really small and no damage was done. For 2 minutes I was in he'll, right in Lucifer mouth

Archived