Heritage Owners Club

Hello from Minnesota!

gr81dorn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hear a report after you get home.

Some of the previous posts made me think I need to wait until tomorrow to be safe, but I am not sure I can wait. I have some "chores" to do when I get home, then after that I think I should be safe. It will have been in the house probably 7-8 hours by then.

Just for fun, too, I thought I'd share this image - I am in the purple part ;-)

1491485_10152211066453825_866180603_o.pn

Cory, welcome to the asylum!

And congratulations on your new 535.

Will you be playing it with mittens on?

How do ya'll deal with -40 or -50 temps?!?!?!

I'm a teetotaler, but others would say beer is a fine solution ;-) Stay inside, fireplaces are nice, warm clothes. Just stay inside.

PICS!!!!

535-1.jpg

535-2.jpg

535-3.jpg

Just pulled it out, it's too late to plug her in cuz we're putting my toddler down. I also don't wanna tune it up yet in case it's still adjusting to the inside, so I've put it back in its case with the slack it was shipped with. It's actually super warm, been inside for 7ish hours and probably never really spent much time in the real cold.

Anyway, it's super lovely, these photos are only lit by a couple lamps in my living room and the fireplace and x-mas tree, so they aren't perfect, but not terrible.

It's a nice dark burst, which I love, there are some shades of almost purple in the dark area which is stunning in person. LOVE LOVE LOVE the plain top. Some of the highly figured stuff looks great, but not my style, so this is nice.

I HATE the pickguard, not cuz it isn't lovely but cuz it just gets lost in the colors since it's not bound. I dig the idea of it and Wolfe's get their own special shape.

Neck is beefier than I was expecting, which is a huge score for me cuz i have huge hands and play mainly teles with the fattest necks I can get made, so I was nervous that this was gonna err on the slim, but it's a decen chunky c shape, almost like my 50s Gibsons are, so I am fond of that for sure.

I'll play it more soon and get more stuff posted. For now, Im just gonna hold it in my hands and start making friends with her ;-)

It's hot! Already planning my next buy! Who has done a custom build? If like to know more about that.

Welcome! if you want to do a custom order, I would go through Wolfe guitars in FLA

Welcome aboard!

I've been lurking for a long while too, and just joined today.

Lovely 535! If I had money for another guitar, it'd be one like that.

Nice one! We probably aren't too far apart, I'm under the minus 50 to 70 "to" on the weather map you posted. Always nervous about guits and amps shipping this time of year.

I would guess I have a few years on you though. Why back in my day....

well here's an instructive chart. I'm about three hours north or MPLS/St. Paul. Spent much of Sunday splitting wood by hand. Keeps ya warm and oak splits like butter when it's that cold!CC-TVMFrigidNights2014_minneapolis.jpg

Nice one! We probably aren't too far apart, I'm under the minus 50 to 70 "to" on the weather map you posted. Always nervous about guits and amps shipping this time of year.

I would guess I have a few years on you though. Why back in my day....

well here's an instructive chart. I'm about three hours north or MPLS/St. Paul. Spent much of Sunday splitting wood by hand. Keeps ya warm and oak splits like butter when it's that cold!CC-TVMFrigidNights2014_minneapolis.jpg

So it's getting warmer... shocked I am

Archived