Heritage Owners Club

Hello from Minnesota!

gr81dorn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be tough to let that pretty 535 warm up in your living room before you can open the case. -21 degrees.. er.. I calculate two weeks before it's safe to take it out of the box.

Was thinking the same spectrum.

Welcome Cory stop sending that cold air to us in WI!

Look forward to the full report when spring arrives and you can open up

Howdy from racine wisconsin. Great buying new!! That really supports the heritage guitar company. They have a get together in Kalamazoo once a year , maybe we could car pool!

We can pick up my new MPLS bud and the other 'Sconiites on the way!

Was thinking the same spectrum.

Welcome Cory stop sending that cold air to us in WI!

Look forward to the full report when spring arrives and you can open up

Considering it'll be coming in its case and a box and hopefully hasn't spent too much time in that actual temperature, should I seriously consider a decent wait before unpacking it? I have bought lots of more delicate stuff (acoustics and vintages stuff) and I usually let it hang out In the house for a chunk of the day, but never more than that and haven't had any issues. I'm fully expecting to have to tweak the setup a bit regardless. Thoughts?

Considering it'll be coming in its case and a box and hopefully hasn't spent too much time in that actual temperature, should I seriously consider a decent wait before unpacking it? I have bought lots of more delicate stuff (acoustics and vintages stuff) and I usually let it hang out In the house for a chunk of the day, but never more than that and haven't had any issues. I'm fully expecting to have to tweak the setup a bit regardless. Thoughts?

You're probably on the right track. I think they're teasing you about waiting for weeks. Right guys?

I'm already being hazed! That means I'm one of us now!

A good group here but we hound each other terribly - not me but the others. Use you interest in art to defend yourself. ;^)

Welcome and the 535 is a great choice. I have the 535 little brother a Prospect and it is by far the best guitar I've owned. The Heritage group knows how to make a great semi.

Damn, somebody called the cops. The "Man" is right though. You can make the walls bleed with a 535. I have one and it would be the last guitar I would sell.

Well, she's still on the UPS truck, thanks to the holiday season it's taking a lot longer, but oh well. Weather this morning when I woke: -31 actual, -42 windchill! BRRRRRRR. I need a guitar in my hands to warm me up!

hey welcome & congrats!!

make sure you let that box warm up to room temperature gradually, before you unpack it!! like overnight

it may well have been traveling/sitting in an unheated warehouse in severe cold...opening it right away could be disasterous

haha severe not severed :D

-31 F?

That trumps anything I've ever experienced here in Michigan. I did camp out a couple of years ago at -4.

Keep that furnace stoked!

it's been ridiculous around here lately. The WARMEST it's been in the last week is in the negatives. We've hit negative 40s overnight. I'll try and dig up the state map from one of the news networks the other day that showed a statewide map and there were temps in the negative 50s. Who wouldn't wanna live here?

it's been ridiculous around here lately. The WARMEST it's been in the last week is in the negatives. We've hit negative 40s overnight. I'll try and dig up the state map from one of the news networks the other day that showed a statewide map and there were temps in the negative 50s. Who wouldn't wanna live here?

We were talking about this at work today. Why do you people live there? It's bad enough here in north Alabama.

It's so cold here in Michigan that an aquarium doesn't need any glass and the fish are motionless.

Hahahaha......

Wife texted that it arrived and is safely warming up in the house. Very excited to get home and check it out. Warmed up to right around 0º today, so that's nice, but the Governor actually already cancelled Monday's school because of forcast of wind chill in the -50s. Good grief!

Archived