Heritage Owners Club

Incoming: Heritage Johnny Smith

MartyGrass

+1

Yeah. One of the fingers is shorter than it should be.

You can almost always find something interesting on a Heritage.

The tailpieces were made in Germany by ABM. Since then they quit making black.

It surprised me that no one ever noticed that quirk.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you met it in person.

I dealt with Fred primarily but Glenn and two ladies as well. They were all very courteous and straightforward.

If I remember correctly the fellow that owned it previously was a physician.

They are nice folks in that store. Glenn is very good jazz player. He told me his favourite amp to play through is a tweed deluxe.

Before he sold out to Long and McQuade there used to be a collection of Fender amps in the store that included pretty much every tweed and blackface model.

That position interferes with bending the entire neck for vibratto effects. Have tried it on acoustics...dreadaughts and 000's but never could get used to it.

That position interferes with bending the entire neck for vibratto effects. Have tried it on acoustics...dreadaughts and 000's but never could get used to it.

I tried a headstock strap and didn't like it for a few reasons. So I'll do what I usually do- get a drill, a screwdriver and a bar of soap.

No, it's nothing kinky. I'll put a hole in the guitar, lube up a strap button screw with soap, and fasten the button to the guitar.

A lot of folks play without a strap. Not me.

I tried a headstock strap and didn't like it for a few reasons. So I'll do what I usually do- get a drill, a screwdriver and a bar of soap.

No, it's nothing kinky. I'll put a hole in the guitar, lube up a strap button screw with soap, and fasten the button to the guitar.

A lot of folks play without a strap. Not me.

Lube and screw. Got it.

that's fifth alert...stewmacs position #5

That's funny.

I tend to put the strap button in the heel or just below it. Since most of my guitars I get used, I don't often get a chance to choose. So I have used all five positions, and they all work. Kind of a Kama Sutra of guitar screwing I guess.

ts0055a.jpg

Archived