Heritage Owners Club

OK So Who Got It?

Tim

Say what you will about GC, but, one thing they are good for is used instruments. I tend to follow the used section on their website fairly closely.

So yesterday, I check out GC's Canton store late in the day. What pops up? A Heritage H-137 TV Yellow for $799.00. Pretty good price.

As I was working in my office today (and GC Canton is only about 2 minutes away), I decide to jump in my car and check it out when the store opens...they sold it! The Sales guy also said it was really minty too.

Bummer. Not really in the market for another guitar, but $799+case is a good deal!

Just wondered if anyone here snatched it up.

GC in Allen Park has an H-150 for around $1000.00 btw...(I already have one of those)...

I saw that online yesterday. Last week a GC had a used H-170 for $350ish. By the time I called they received over 15 calls for it. It was sold early in the morning. Someone got a great deal. BTW, that's a H-140 at the Allen Park store. The ad is wrong if the picture is right.

109792985_lg.jpg

I saw that online yesterday. Last week a GC had a used H-170 for $350ish. By the time I called they received over 15 calls for it. It was sold early in the morning. Someone got a great deal. BTW, that's a H-140 at the Allen Park store. The ad is wrong if the picture is right.

109792985_lg.jpg

Whoops….yeah, like Monica said: That's a H-140!

109792985_lg.jpg

You are correct! I have the same finish on my H-150 so I haven't paid much attention to it, but, maybe....

Guest HRB853370

Say what you will about GC, but, one thing they are good for is used instruments. I tend to follow the used section on their website fairly closely.

So yesterday, I check out GC's Canton store late in the day. What pops up? A Heritage H-137 TV Yellow for $799.00. Pretty good price.

As I was working in my office today (and GC Canton is only about 2 minutes away), I decide to jump in my car and check it out when the store opens...they sold it! The Sales guy also said it was really minty too.

Bummer. Not really in the market for another guitar, but $799+case is a good deal!

Just wondered if anyone here snatched it up.

GC in Allen Park has an H-150 for around $1000.00 btw...(I already have one of those)...

$799 is a screamin deal on that 137. I paid a grand for mine.

Because of this thread I decided to check GC's used listings. After looking at Heritage I put in Hamer and found that the GC nearest me had a US Hamer Special with P90s for a little over $400. I figured I'd check if it was there this morning and slide along 40 miles of snow covered roads to get it. It's gone. So, another good deal for someone. And another someone who let a great guitar go for a pittance.

UPDATE:Just returned home from my local GC in Canton, MI where the H-137 is……..yes, it's actually still on premises!

Apparently, someone from out of state (probably one of you turkeys) put enough money down to put the guitar on hold but GC said there has been no answer when they've tried to call the person to finalize the sale. The fella told me that I was actually the 3rd person this week following up on this one.

First hand observations,

• The Guitar is a #2, imperfections are 5-6 finish cracks between the tuners on the backside of the headstock.
  • It was made in 2010 (AAxxxx)
  • Finish is said to be TV Yellow but I'm not so sure, it looks closer to a Natural finish in my eyes?
  • I plays great, is in near mint, all mahogany w/ P-90's and includes OHSC for $799

Off topic rant: Why dosen't GC seem to care about keeping even their higher end inventory in good sellable shape? Its beyond frustrating to pick up 5 different guitars and find not a single one of them that's set up properly let alone in tune. The gear is dusty and not a single person working there to seems to have a clue….about literally anything you ask them. Rant over, thanks for listening.

IMAG0227_zps45b97edd.jpg

IMAG0229_zps638f9a78.jpg

IMAG0228_zps678b8ebc.jpg

IMAG0231_zps7155da5d.jpg

mattjayworker - Thanks for the report and the photos.

As for the rant, the few times I go in GC those things can bother me, too. But then I take a look around at how customers are acting, how the instruments are being treated, how much noise there is (especially on a Saturday afternoon) and what I know of GC's policies and pay structure. Then I decide that a knowledgable, competent musician and sales rep would be driven mad in that environment, so I cut them a break. (And usually I decide spend time at a little shop a few miles away where the owner and staff love talking about guitars and music).

$799 for a near-mint 2010 #2 H137 with case sounds pretty close to the mark, considering that a non-#2 in similar condition would be somewhere between $1000 and $1200.

Those finish flaws on the back of the headstock don't seem like much to worry about.

Hard to tell with the lighting in those pix, but I'm willing to believe that's TV Yellow. It's not too far off the colour of mine.

H137's are great fun, and sound like no other Heritage.

If there's any wiggle room at all in their price somebody might get a jem at a bargain price.

What's the neck like on that????

I guarentee you it won't be exactly, exactly, to the 1/10th of millimeter of what you want. My point is, you might just try to get something kind of close to the neck dementions you like, play the sh*t out of it, and learn to adapt.

Think about this DB, before you got the Dot (or what ever guitar you are basing your specific neck choice on), could you play other guitars? Did you own other guitars? Why do you have to be so exact on the neck?

I am not bashing you, just trying to understand because I have never seen anyone so particular on neck shape. I have so many different guitars with different necks..... none of them make me play better or worse.

I guarentee you it won't be exactly, exactly, to the 1/10th of millimeter of what you want. My point is, you might just try to get something kind of close to the neck dementions you like, play the sh*t out of it, and learn to adapt.

Think about this DB, before you got the Dot (or what ever guitar you are basing your specific neck choice on), could you play other guitars? Did you own other guitars? Why do you have to be so exact on the neck?

I am not bashing you, just trying to understand because I have never seen anyone so particular on neck shape. I have so many different guitars with different necks..... none of them make me play better or worse.

I'm trying to get myself used to the 140. I've changed my grip to a more thumb over the top. Seems to be much better.

I'm trying to get myself used to the 140. I've changed my grip to a more thumb over the top. Seems to be much better.

When I was taking lessons, we were working on the exact opposite of what you are now doing. The thumb is flat and in the center of the back of the neck, it is really the only part of the hand on touchimg the neck. The fingers hover over the top of the strings with only the tips making contact and very little, to no part of the inner hand or palm touching the bottom of the neck. This is more of a classical guitar technique, but it is what your very efficient jazz guitarist and fusion guitarist use.

When I was taking lessons, we were working on the exact opposite of what you are now doing. The thumb is flat and in the center of the back of the neck, it is really the only part of the hand on touchimg the neck. The fingers hover over the top of the strings with only the tips making contact and very little, to no part of the inner hand or palm touching the bottom of the neck. This is more of a classical guitar technique, but it is what your very efficient jazz guitarist and fusion guitarist use.

That's the way I was trained. Makes sense to me.

Guest HRB853370

Those players that curl their thumb over the neck to fret the 6th string usually have really long fingers. Anybody do that?

Archived