Heritage Owners Club

In praise of the H170

MartyGrass

I dig my 170, and probably play it more often than my 150, because it weighs so much less. Schaller pickups on this 1988, ebony board, bound neck/headstock/abalone inlay on the headstock. I got this one from Brent a couple years ago.

abbyguitar0111117.jpg

abbyguitar0111119.jpg

Damn Shcun, That H-170 must have found it's self on the wrong side of a bad gig or two….I've seen enough docu-drama to recognize old defensive wounds!

HA! Yeah, they look bad in pics, and the headstock had been repaired (on both of mine, actually) but the scratches on the neck were on the underside, and I never even really felt them. Plus, the scratches and headstock repair made for a very good deal. I probably should have kept it. Oh Well....

Japan's answer to the DC conundrum, circa 1978.

Rosewood over maple with a five pc through- neck

nice lines.

photo22_zpsdc9e9c88.jpg

That picture of the Washburn "Wing" reminded me of a rare British guitar which was made around the same time in the late 1970s - the Pack Leader.

56900-1.jpg

There were very few of these made (around 70 I believe), and they cost about double that of a Les Paul! They were a through neck design, with some unusual features. I found this video of one being put through its paces...

Archived